Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says on the tin. My ten year old 156 needs her set of rubbers replaced and
I'm not exactly flush at the moment so if anyone has any recommended garages or tyre
dealers around town where I might get some value it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Best bet is order them online with Eiretyres or camskill and then get a tyre centre to fit them. about 10 extra for each tyre.
another option is partworns.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got a set of lassa phenoma tyres fitted most recently (would love premiums but with an average of 60,000kms per year, its not happening!!) Anyway, i have found them excellent, grip is very good wet or dry, noise isnt too bad and they last for ages - definitely good for 30 - 40k on the 2.4. Cost me €105 per corner for 235/45/18.
not sure who does them in dublin - google i guess?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A lot of people recommend to buy online on Camskill or Eiretyres. Personally when I did the maths there was not much of a saving there for the tyres online (inclusive of fitting) compared to the prices I was getting from the garages.

If you want to get the tyres sorted in a garage in Dublin, I would give Dave McCann a shout. He is Blanchardstown / Coolmine D15. He can source mid range tyres such as Falken and Avon. (I have Avon ZZ3s on the GT, they are good quality vs cost).

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I have used Roundabout tyres at Walkinstown Cross for the past 20+ years.
01 4508015- speak to Marti or Horse....
Top class blokes...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
A lot of people recommend to buy online on Camskill or Eiretyres. Personally when I did the maths there was not much of a saving there for the tyres online (inclusive of fitting) compared to the prices I was getting from the garages.
I found the same actually. I did use the sites to find the tyres I wanted (toyo proxies) and called this place in Celbridge http://m.goldenpages.ie/detail/2f82387dda944fd285396a5725497bff and they ordered them in from their own source and fitted them for pretty much the same price. They also part worn tyres for a decent price.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I found the same actually. I did use the sites to find the tyres I wanted (toyo proxies) and called this place in Celbridge m.goldenpages and they ordered them in from their own source and fitted them for pretty much the same price. They also part worn tyres for a decent price.
Toyo proxies ar'nt meant to be any goodin the wet,alongwith any other summer tyre.
Recommend firestones sz90's. Have four new on my car and wellhappy, only 60 ish quid per corner from dalymount tyres

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Collins Engineering (in Bray) were matching eiretyres prices for me (~500 euros for 5 Pirelli P0 Neros), including fitting. Other garages were quoting over 1200 euros and 2 weeks waiting.
For the Focus I bought Nokian winter tyres from them, which they are storing for me at the moment for free as well.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Collins Engineering (in Bray) were matching eiretyres prices for me (~500 euros for 5 Pirelli P0 Neros), including fitting. Other garages were quoting over 1200 euros and 2 weeks waiting.
For the Focus I bought Nokian winter tyres from them, which they are storing for me at the moment for free as well.
That's a brilliant deal!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I found the same actually. I did use the sites to find the tyres I wanted (toyo proxies) and called this place in Celbridge m.goldenpages and they ordered them in from their own source and fitted them for pretty much the same price. They also part worn tyres for a decent price.
Which garage in celbridge.

More importantly there's a gtv in celbridge!:wow:
Where?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Which garage in celbridge.

More importantly there's a gtv in celbridge!:wow:
Where?
Sorry that link didn't quite work! Its called LTS Tyres in Unit 5, M's business park (01) 6272611.
I'm actually in Maynooth myself but you're right there aren't many GTVs knocking around!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts