Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my copy of Feel UK today.

According to the covering letter CAP Monitor (who are apparently residual experts) predict the MiTo retaining 47% of its original list price over a 60k mile/3-year period

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
........it has, hasn't it:confused:

Good figures for the MiTo.

if they are to be believed.............I meant

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
Residuals for ALL cars have taken a big battering in the last few months..

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Yes you'd still struggle gettting a cheap Brera

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
But the Brera has good residuals :confused: :confused: :confused:
Alfa Romeo Brera SV
2.2 Petrol 3-door Coupe
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2006 56
Mileage: 18,000

Glasses Guide
Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £14350
Average condition: £12750
Below average condition: £11350

Wise Buyers Guide
Retail: £13,421
Private Good: £12,431
Private Average: £11,411
Private Poor: £11,191
Part Exchange: £11,981
Trade: £11,641

Parkers
Franchised Dealer £16,520
Independent Dealer £15,915
Private Good £15,160
Private Poor £12,810
Part Exchange £13,945

From what I can see the prices are what I consider sh*te considering the car is only 2 years old, below average mileage. I already know the px ex would probably be nearer the wise buyers figure.:wow: :wow: :wow:

Don't get taken in by the Alfa marketing, because thats all it is marketing.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yes you'd still struggle gettting a cheap Brera
Take a look at Autotrader, there are a few now under £15k. there is a black 2.2 for sale 6 miles from me up for £13.5K, been on the market now for about 8 months.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Autocar shows the Brera SV 2.2 retaining 45% of its value - see Here

That compares quite well with a BMW 320 Coupe that retains 47% see Here

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Glad you think Brera residuals are good, I own one and I will be lucky to get 50% at 2 years. As for magazine figures, rubbish, you only know when you sell

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Got my copy of Feel UK today.

According to the covering letter CAP Monitor (who are apparently residual experts) predict the MiTo retaining 47% of its original list price over a 60k mile/3-year period
Yes, I got my copy of " Feel " too, and read the letter that came with it to, and had a job to keep a straight face, when I read that ridiculous comment as well.....

I think they need the luck of Ugo Sivocci, and his Cloverleaf to sell any Alfa Romeo cars nowdays.....

Finding a Dealer is a good start though !!!!!......

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Have to get real in these tough economic times boys, and face some hard facts! Prices for cars are slip sliding down sharply in the previously owned market, horrendously so!
Unless of course you own a model or two, favoured by the 'super rich'?

I forsee a slump in all car sales, new and used, but I may of course be totally, and completely wrong in my assumptions?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I can see lease companies getting residuals wrong now. My 3.5 year old GT JTDm at 61000 miles looking slightly tired, with leather etc. I think Perrys retailed it a bit over 7k. So some of these special lease deals look very attractive, but I am already on my last car, so not for me.
Don't believe high residuals now, unless part of a lease deal.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Sounds about right KG. Myself and her indoors will keep 'bussing', and training for a while, and see what does or doesn't turn up, perhaps later?
Can always hire something I guess if need be, she seems to favour that route, as she keeps saying I'm too old to keep crawling under cars!:):

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
ZF, I could done better with the GT, perhaps £1000, but the guide dog didn't want 2 cars here. So looking at the deal, I got a non selling car which was dearer new retail, with 35000 miles less, a year newer, a bit of warranty, and auto, for £2000 laid out.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Good choice, with the new type auto as well KG, to make the driving easier.:): That's probably what we will eventually plump for, as I said previously, some sort of auto, with a/c, four doors this time around, not too concerned about economy as we trip out very infrequently nowadays. But for the moment, time to bide a while, no need to rush, may wait until Christmas is past, and then start looking seriously.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad you think Brera residuals are good, I own one and I will be lucky to get 50% at 2 years. As for magazine figures, rubbish, you only know when you sell
Whether the Brera's residuals can be considered 'good' is all relative to what the residuals of its competitors are.

Do a search on Autotrader and there are 2 year old BMW's going for £15k from traders - so how much do you think the original owners got for them?

So no - I don't think the Brera's residuals are bad. The biggest drop in a new cars residuals is in the earliest years of ownership - the fact that it may be less than you hoped for doesn't mean the Brera is particularly bad. However, I'm sorry you feel it is

1 - 20 of 31 Posts