Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas where to find some shocks for 155's. Even my usual saviour wants alfashop over £200 for a set, if thats their price then that must be the cheepest, I haven't got a dealer price yet though. I dont want cheepie shocks or anything, but if I was going to spent that money I might look at some nice aftermarket bits instead.

I ded see there stainless theel ones on demon tweeks, dont know how much they are for 155's but they would last for ever. :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
£200 for a set of four is a very good price, aftermarket upgraded ones would be much more than that.

M

·
0 Posts
The G&M suspension kit from AO costs £280.
You get 4 shocks and 4 lowered/stiffened springs. It performs very well (on my car anyway).

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Keep yer eye on E Bay ;) I just got a pair of Brand New Bilstein`s for the front of the V6 for £42 :D :D :D :D :D

Other than that have a look on the Trade Stands at NAD there might some there ;) :D :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marlon said:
The G&M suspension kit from AO costs £280.
You get 4 shocks and 4 lowered/stiffened springs. It performs very well (on my car anyway).
How much does it lower the car by (theres only about 4inches to the ground on some parts already, like the cat flange.

Does it make the ride bad? Mines always been pretty solid with the 45 profile tyres, and bulbs keep breaking. The fillaments are in perfect condition but they fatigue at the base, and break off. :eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nigel S said:
£200 for a set of four is a very good price, aftermarket upgraded ones would be much more than that.
Thats about 10% of the value of the whole car :eek: :lol: :cheese:

M

·
0 Posts
They will lower the car by 25mm, unless it's a Super in which case it will be 40mm.
The ride is pretty good. When I brake hard the car doesn't seem to nose dive at all. I used to bottom out over country road "jumps" with my old suspension, that doesn't happen anymore.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marlon said:
They will lower the car by 25mm, unless it's a Super in which case it will be 40mm.
The ride is pretty good. When I brake hard the car doesn't seem to nose dive at all. I used to bottom out over country road "jumps" with my old suspension, that doesn't happen anymore.
Sound good, but there doesn't seem to be any listed for the v6 :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts