Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Car started warming quickly because:

• Thermostat ha unstuck itself. Hoorah!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Something else bad has happened, and they're cancelling each other out. Engine about to explode. :ee

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other?

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car has been a bit slow to warm up in the mornings, and I was thinking about getting the thermostat replaced, but it's suddenly started warming up pretty quickly, about 5 mins.
So, does this mean that:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Exit the car and walk away... slowly... it's about to explode!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Super Moderator
44,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If my car blows up, I'm going to hold you all responsible for not answering my poll :mad: :p

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
In my experience once a thermostat fails thats it .... it won't start working correctly again. They are designed to fail in the open position so over-heating would not be a problem.

...but still put me down as a don't know.

If there is another problem what is it, coolant loss, water pump, radiator etc. ?

·
Super Moderator
44,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've been keeping an eye on the temperature, and it's not overheating. I have to admit, since I started this poll I haven't checked the coolant level :eek:
I keep remembering to when it's hot so I can't :eek:
It is the obvious thing to check, I know, and I will be doing so as soon as I stop being a wally.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I had a lecturer that said as a graduate you should have one answer you use more that any other. It fits perfectly in this situation:

It Depends....

·
Super Moderator
44,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks buck ;)

Well I've checked the coolant, and it's fine, so as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with the car. I'll be keeping an eye on levels and gauges as usual though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts