Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, thought you might like to here about this.

Norfolk Police, god bless their little cotton socks are publishing the location of ALL their permanent and mobile speed traps on their website every week. All the info is also announced on Radio Norfolk every morning with the travel news. Norfolk Police are also painting all the permanent cameras blue or yellow so they can be seen more easily by us drivers.

They have given me 9 points in the past but at least they are giving me a fair chance now. Do any other Police forces play fair?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Our snidey little twots still like to hide behing trees, lorrys, road signs & 'police aware' flourescent jackets.

ho hum... one day they might get sensible up here...

Numan you are well too lucky... do you guys have any Mafia down there to keep them in line?

J

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derbyshire publish locations and where theyre going to target each week, no idea how accurate it is, never bother to check!!!

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plymouth council published all theirs and there's hardly any cameras in Sussex, the ones there are I know where they live so I've never had a problem. (Except those sneaky mobile traps.) I've even learnt to out-wit (from advice supplied by Alfanutter) the traps on the M25, there's ways of identifying the gantries that have cameras, when they're on and what speed you can go through them.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Derbyshire publish locations and where theyre going to target each week, no idea how accurate it is, never bother to check!!!
wrinx
Well don't complain when you get caught then...I forgot you'd never speed

The UK police must have bout 40 shot's of me going slighty above the speed limit .

I counted at least 30 flashes & there where some I was unsure about. Nothing like foreign plates to allow use the "Sorry I did'nt know, I'm a tourist" excuse

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New record for me - stopped & breathalysed for doing 31mph in a 30mph zone!!!!!

Lucky I had already seen the big stripes & gd headlights or it would have been 45 as normal....

Good old Derbyshire police

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howard

are they serious???

If they were following you, what grounds did they have to pull you over, not the speed surely?

I got a ticket for parking in a 40 zone at three in the morning with no lights on. A Police dog handler was driving past and must have been bored, or perhaps needed the points for a blue ball!! Its a lovely wide road, well lit and cars have parked there for years with no problems

Anyway, I called them and they let me off
because of the time. Beezarrr.

31 in a 30 beats all tho'.

wrinx

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got stopped by the "good old Norfolk Police" about six months ago, they said that I had gone round a roundabout too fast(funny thing was I was in my wifes 126) they questioned me for 15 mins and checked everything thet could on the car it was 2am and they obviosly were bored, they had no idea of my speed when I asked!!
and they wonder why people have lost faith!!
W**kers

ADE

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi wrinx!

said that I was not being respectful enough of the fact that a kid could run out from between parked cars....going downhill....dark....at 30 not all kids die, at 35 most do.... I am not sure whether he was trying to encourage me to drive at 40

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Howard

I repeat.....are they serious!!!!!!!

Definately sounds like a case of car snooker to me.

wrinx

·
Registered
380 Posts
You have all probably seen the advert on TV where a nissan saloon car brakes for a child in the road but does'nt stop in time because they were travelling at 35 mph not 30 mph.Well next time you see the advert look at the rear wheels - they are still rotating when the front wheels are Dramatically locked up.Looks like they disconnected the rear brakes just to make a more dramatic advert.
Its impossible to take any road safety policy seriously especially when money raised from fines goes to the treasury -not driving training courses e.t.c

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dear SGG, the braking system in the advert is working correctly as all modern braking systems do.
The reason the rear wheels are still rotating is the fact that all cars have brake limiter controls to stop rear wheel lock up which is very dangerous.
When you brake, the forward momentum shifts the weight of the car forward off the rear wheels and onto the front. As this happens, the rear suspension lifts and the front dives, this reduces the rear braking even more to stop the risk of rear brake lock up, which is the cause of jack-knifing on trucks.
Please dont comment on a subject which you obviously know nothing about especially when the subject is so serious.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Get this. Just got done in court by the Garda for doing 41 in a 30. 100 Euro fine! Where's the justice? I was going to ask the beak did he have any idea how fast my car can go? Thought it best not to say it.

Probably should have paid the on the spot fine instead of hoping the computer might lose it. Ah well.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The whole attitude of the government is wrong with regards to road safety. If you look at the stats, the death rate in the uk is one of, if not the lowest in europe, and is at an all time low since records began. And that is total, not an adjusted figure for the number of cars on the road. Back when I was a kid, I was taught road safety. looking both ways, not running out from between cars and more importantly not to play on the roads.
These days this sort of education is lacking, kids play on the roads all the time. Recently a child was killed on the A2 close to me. Yes its a tragedy, but you have to ask the question of 'what the f*&k is a pre teenage child doing playing on a dual carridgeway that is fenced off with 6' high fences?

The ads that get forced down our throats are wrong. Speed doesn't kill, inappropriate speed kills.
Doing 30mph in a residential area with kids playing in the street is irresponsible, even though legal. Whereas doing 90mph on a dry empty motorway is perfectly safe but illegal.

The government will never get drivers on side so long as they continue to try and bullshit us.

Rant over.

Steve

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive just got to say that I agree, the police should concentrate on prats using mobile phones, old gits who wear hats while driving at 40 no matter what, grandma doing the church run and just the whole damn culture of driving like theres no one else on the roads.and not targetting people who drive performance cars enthusiasticly.
Damn it....
ADE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts