Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to update you all on the outcome of the scumbag who smashed up my beloved 156 after 5 months of police time cps input and numerous court appearances he has been found guilty of criminal damage ,section 4 public order ,use of threats to kill,use of behavoir with intent to cause fear of and cause unlawfull violence i am around £6000 out of pocket because of this and what does the great british judicial system decide is punishment enough for this crime ........ he has to pay me £250 i will spell that so we all understand two hundred and fifty pounds,thats the equivelent of the excess i had to pay on my insurance policy, this has still gone down as a claim against me on my policy and as the company cannot be arsed to fight for the total payout it will stay on my policy as a claim against me therefore pushing my premium sky high.......... Happy new year everyone ?????? Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
thats pure horseshit, feel real sorry for you. May I ask was there a reason why this person did that? Just a hooligan or there was a grudge against you?

·
Vendor
45,829 Posts
Thats terrible, I really feel sorry for you.

How come you are £6k out of pocket? It shouldn't cost that much to fix..

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Thats terrible, I really feel sorry for you.

How come you are £6k out of pocket? It shouldn't cost that much to fix..

Court costs I imagine.

Sorry to hear mark. Get a baseball bat, pop round his house for tea and batter the $hit ou of his house/car/ possesions ! Worst you can get is a £250 fine :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
It shouldn't cost that much to fix..
Well lets see, new windows all round, labour, then needs to be fully cleaned of glass inside and two new electric wing mirrors. Maybe not 6k but at least 2. Im guessing court costs and insurance is making up the rest of it plus probably a rental car.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Talking to the local Police a few weeks back, they think exactly the same. We bang on about crime statistics and conviction rates, means nothing when this kind of outcome is seen.

I feel for you. Makes us general law abiding members of the general public look like mugs to be honest.

And as for your insurance company......:rant:

·
Vendor
45,829 Posts
Court costs I imagine.
CPS pay court costs to prosecute offenders, not victims. Only time victim pays any costs is if they later try to later sue the convicted criminal for damages, costs need to be paid up front and can be added to the lawsuit. But most criminals don't have the cash/assets to pay..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Typical of "good old British justice" but why did some prat of a toerag do this? No consolation, but looks not too expensive to fix if you make friends with someone breaking up (legitimately!) one of the many expired 156s around. Looks like some in Norfolk at present so easy to find parts: then get someone to do the work privately.

Hope the toerag's car or house, or even him/herself, gets in the way of something one night, maybe "accidentally". Problem is, as a suspected person, you'll have no rights and get a load of crap and hassle, whilst they'll get cuddled by 'Victim Support' but I imagine they didn't pay you too much attention. Usually these toerags have no assets and are out of a job, but if someone on 'soosh' did this to me I'd throw unlimited funds in legal costs to get him paying each week just to teach him (or her!) a lesson.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Another sad example of just how much of an embarrassment the British "justice" system has become. Talk about detached from reality.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i dont get this at all.....where does the 6k come from

anyway i saw a couple of drunks walk past my house and calmly kick the door mirror of a citreon i owned.....i called police and told them i was following them, then sent a van to collect them, after a court visit cost of mirror where paid in full but the bloke who did it.....he even called round to appologise

just cannot see why if someone was caught for doing that why they didnt have to sort it out :-( unless it was a kid or dole scum wth no money

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
And the year on year additional insurance costs?
And a hire car while his is off the road?
And time off work to give evidence, make statements and attend court?

It would be interesting to see the build up but probably too painful! I suspect, bearing in mind that it is an insurance claim, the repair costs will be very high!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Out of curiosity, if someone puts say two windows through, what do you pay? One glass excess, or once per window?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thnx for the replies guys the money racked up due to me having to replace the car as it was totalled and being an r plate was worth very little book price so i didnt get anything time i had paid my excess, as i had no car i had to get the train to and from london from Norfolk for work, the police did tell me to take time off and add it to my compesation claim but as i'm not one to take the p**s i carried on working the train fares were astronomical which it turned out i did not get back,also cannot see on pics but the bonnet and roof were also damaged ,i used the money i had plus i borrowed more to replace the car like for like when i bought the 156 with a GT JTD which i love, my 156 was worth much more to me than it was on paper, i had rebuilt the engine and it was a lovely runner and still looked stunning even with 250,000 on the clock, the scumbag was a steriod freak who spent all his money on the gym and steriods, we had previous and my only regret is that i complied with the police and did not go out and have it with him on the drive, i'm praying he comes back now ,no police,no insurance if you get my drift ?? lol thnx very much for your comments and support guys.. much appreciated. Mark

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Victims are victims from start to finish and the criminals are always better off. I have learnt after past experiences that sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands, just don't get caught, if you do then just say " he tripped and hit his face on my fist officer "

1 - 20 of 27 Posts