Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this in another thread.
Alfa Romeo - Events & Promotions

This tells much about how well these two cars are selling, as do the many brand new cars for sale on the autotrader website.

However, these deal are good for some of us because more mileage will just accelerate what is already steep depreciation.

The press demo with 21k km is going for R750k at SMG, highly optimistic and its sitting at that price.

Give it 4 years and these will be in the mid to high R500k bracket, especially as it appears the take up on the 2016 allocation has been poor which means should the deals not be well received, all of 2017's allocation will arrive, further bloating the market.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Are you going to get one or are you still getting a Ferrari?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I've seen that one. A good friend is the corporate sales manager for the SMG group and i had a look around it last time I visited him. To me it looked a bit tired when I sat in it at SMG. It was priced ALOT higher than R750k then! I'd pay over R750k for a pristine example but that one isn't pristine. I'd only pay R600k for that one.

That Traxion deal is silly. I wouldn't buy a 4C as an everyday driver and why would you want a weekend toy on a guaranteed future value plan. That sort of finance arrangement only makes sense on a fleet hack.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to get one or are you still getting a Ferrari?
May be looking something else in the interim.

Had a look at a Lotus Exige but it didn't "move me" like the 4C did. I then drove a 488 GTB....totally unaffordable but an amazing experience.

The problem with these deals is they make no financial sense at all. Methinks the dealers will get burnt after two years because the resale value will be lower than the guaranteed buy back.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
They are going in the right direction...If I remember the 500's were sold on similar deals and they sold like hot cakes.

Now, do the same for Giulietta's...

Offer me a deal like this for a Giulietta, R35000 dep, 24 months, guaranteed future value on trade in into a Giulia at R7500pm or something like that...It will sell.

This, people...is how Audi's/VW's and BMW's are sold!

I have been punting this finance method for a long time...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Now, do the same for Giulietta's...
I agree! Lead with the volume model not a niche super high price offering. if I do alot of mileage for work, receive a car allowance and want to change my car regularly then this model is a good fit. Not on a super low volume junior-supercar.

SMG group is doing a big push into the corporate space/car allowance market. My mate who's been hired specifically to target this market has offered me a new 7 series to take to work and let my colleague's try. They send us corporate preferential pricing and finance deals every month and to be honest the prices and structured deals are pretty tempting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts