Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just like to know your thoughts on this.

Been offered a 2004 Lusso 156 2.4 with 53k for £7500

Comes with satnav leather and cruise.

It is from a main dealer so I'll get a service and a warranty.

Is this good, any thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Bought a '52 reg (156 2.4 JTD) a few months ago for £3800 ... is it really twice the car???

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
You know what your getting with a main dealer with regards condition, mileage & service history. You do pay for that though. If your looking to keep it a long time, bare in mind dealers are struggling at the moment and haggle for a big discount.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is my thinking. Dealer cars are genrally a safer buy although I know that dunt mean I wont get a bad one.

I really like the car in question. It has everything I want. Only thing now it selling my existing cars. However that maybe a blessing cos if it takes a couple of weeks to sell mine that is more fuel for a bigger discount.

I'm thinking a max of £7k with full years tax and a tank of deseasel!!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I'd be cheeky and offer £6K. Maybe get it for £6.5K.

I bought my 166 originally from a dealer I trust (and bought my wife's car off since). It was on for £ 8,995, I told him I'd take it off his hands for £ 7,500. Got it for £ 8,000 with a 12 month warranty.

I've tended to buy the majority of my cars 3-4 years old from main dealers. You do pay more, but you know what your getting. The experiance can be as good as buying new, without the losses of a new car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do cheers.

I'm sure they will take less money. I think they have had it for ages as the ad seems to have be reduced for £11k to £10 and now £8k. By the time I sell my car I'm sure big discounts will be available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts