Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking at cleaning up the interior of my GT, Currently got a phone kit (Fitted before i bought it) and holder all wired up and a belkin iTrip for my ipod.

Fitted an ipod tray all ready so the simple thing would be to just by the denison cable but there 90 odd quid and because my phone kit is sony erricson and my phones a nokia would need new handsfree kit 200 odd quid and still going to have loads of holders messing up the sleek GT interior.

So is this the solution i am after???? And how hard is it to set up??

The alpine CDE-104BTi will give full ipod control and full parrot bluetooth connectivity so it does just about everything but cook sunday dinner and at 196 incl postage seems to be quite a bargain i know i need a facia as well but there only ten quid and the ipod cable is included (Mate got stung and had to stump up another 50 quid for his cable this was 3 years ago mind)

Has anyone else got one of these fitted? is it really as good as alpine say it is? I also need to purchase leads for the steering wheel controls but where from??

Heres the link for the website

Alpine CDE-104BTi CD Players CDE104BTI by Alpine - myfaveshopmarketplace.com secure online shop

and the alpine info

Alpine-Headunits-CDE-104BTi

or for a whole 15 quid more do i go the whole hog for this

http://www.alpine-europe.com/united_kingdom/products/details/head-units/cda-105ri.html

With this one i can change all the colours to red to suit the GT's interior this alone is worth 15 quid.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/alpine/p~CDA-105Ri.html?PARTNER=Froogle

Thanks in advance for any reply

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
in general, alpine is high quality. high in build quality, high in sound quality, and decent value.

having said this, their BT adaptors have been 'average' with early generation models (ie: KCE-300BT). issues like slow synch, interference, glitches, etc. then came the 350BT, and now 400BT plus those headunits you mention. these latest generations have indeed integrated Parrot technology, unlike the earlier versions (Motorola from memory). basically, i first suggest you visit a store, and try one out, to ensure it is fully compatible with your phone, and to try out the interface to ensure you are happy.

note that the 105Ri does NOT have inbuilt BT. but it does have an inbuilt steering wheel interface that is programmable (easy) so will virtually plug-and-play with the car. you would need to add the KCE-400BT adaptor for BT.

there is no perfect colour combo (silver with red) between the 105, 104, and 103 models. so you will have to compromise (eg: black/red, or silver/blue).

with the 104 and 103, you will need to buy a steering wheel control interface separately. Connects2/nexxia offer these that should suit.

IMO, you may be better off with a separate Parrot BT kit like the CK3100. you can fit the control face into the ashtray area in the GT, so it can still look quite nice/stealth. then buy a headunit of the right colour combo, like the 9886R or 9882Ri. whilst these are a generation of headunit older, they are still very good. your choice may depend on what other features you want (tuning, iPod, USB, etc).

and if you have Bose, i recommend you buy a model with at least '4V preout' signal strength, then connect via the RCA preouts via an adaptor harness. more details in the stickied thread atop this forum about installation into the GT.

i don't know about pricing because i live in Oz. but IMO, you want to pay for: good aftersales service from a retailer who is experienced with the product to help with installation/troubleshooting. so unless you know heaps about ICE, i wouldn't buy from an internet store that knows nothing.

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the advice shiny car, I noticed after i had posted that i needed the extra adapter and after reading a few reviews they dont seem to be up to scratch compared with the stand alone hands free kits anyway especially considering the 150pound asking price.

Have looked into the CK3100 but at another 150 odd quid i cant stretch that far, tbh I dont really need a hands free kit, there just quite handy.

Think i will go for the 105, cos then i dont need any other adapters for the steering wheel controls also like the look of it.

Will venture out this weekend and go have a play of one. Do like the idea of hiding the CK3100 in the ash tray though. Will have to put it onto my wish list along side of a p-box and q2 lol.

Have fitted 2 head units before so shouldnt be tricky never fitted one in an alfa though so i could be proved wrong. Not got bose on my GT so not got to worry about that either.

Just looked at the 9886R and 9882Ri really like the 9882ri and thats 45 quid less than the 105, cannot see if this one is plug and play like the 105??? the 9886r is actually 40quid more expensive than the 105.

If the 9882ri isnt plug and play how much are the leads? Would be well pleased to get new head unit that looks right and does what i want it to do for under 200quid. With relation to your stiky guide i have allready printed it off, its a brilliant guide, shame you live in oz cos you could have come and fitted it for me lol.

Thanks Once Again Karl

·
7,713 Posts
i just checked the online manual. the 9882Ri does not include the inbuilt steering wheel interface. it does have a socket at the back to cater for an external interface, which you'd have to buy separately (about UK$40 i would think, for the interface, and a patch lead/harness to make the connection).

the 9886R has the programmable interface inbuilt.

they are both otherwise plug-and-play. with the exception of altering the powerwire pattern (no big deal). other small alterations (not essential) will be the dimmer/illumination wire; and with the steering wires on the 9886R, you need to make the physical wire connections by using new terminals cos they are not matched.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again shiny for the help. I have made my mind up! i'm going with the CDA-105Ri this is simply because i like the way it works (Went and had a play with one yesterday) and it looks good too, also the fact that it has the programmable steering wheel interface which will save me some money and time when fitting it.

Will post pics once fitted.

·
7,713 Posts
should be a good choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts