Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After giving the GTA its main wash since the weather turned all white I have noticed I have the problem 'Wing Rust' developing.

Anyone have any Recomendations? Its silver and I know matching will be a problem

Cheers

Chris

R

·
0 Posts
Hi, there was a thread a couple of months ago for a bodyshop to repair paint damage on a nuvola blue GT, AFAIK the guy ended up using a bodyshop recommended by Mangos and he was very happy with the match especially as nuvola blue is nearly impossible to match up. If i can find it i'll post the link :thumbs:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, sounds promising

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Hi, there was a thread a couple of months ago for a bodyshop to repair paint damage on a nuvola blue GT, AFAIK the guy ended up using a bodyshop recommended by Mangos and he was very happy with the match especially as nuvola blue is nearly impossible to match up. If i can find it i'll post the link :thumbs:
G&J Leese
We've used them, they did a top notch job :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, what colour did they match for you?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Red on our GT , although the car was just over a year old so not too hard to match, you can't tell the difference so we were pleased.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,532 Posts
my cousin has a bodyshop in burnley :)mad:) and he and his colleague do a very high standard of work, they use to work for Bentley

PM me if you need their details, if you dont find one closer to you as i guess dingletown is a bit far out of your way

·
Administrator
46,885 Posts
I think it was me who suggested G&J Leese to the guy previously - they did the rusty wheel arch on my GTA (via Mangos).
Rust did come back a year later, but they fixed it again with no complaints.

I would also recommend Locke & Hankey in Congleton, having used them previously. To be honest, neither are terribly convenient for Merseyside though!

E

·
0 Posts
I think it was me who suggested G&J Leese to the guy previously - they did the rusty wheel arch on my GTA (via Mangos).
Rust did come back a year later, but they fixed it again with no complaints.

I would also recommend Locke & Hankey in Congleton, having used them previously. To be honest, neither are terribly convenient for Merseyside though!

Your GTA's red isn't it? They would be no good for me down here in Kent, but I am just wondering what the colour matching was like. I spoke to Ned about mine, but he warner getting the colour matched on Alfa red can be tricky.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
my cousin has a bodyshop in burnley :)mad:) and he and his colleague do a very high standard of work, they use to work for Bentley

PM me if you need their details, if you dont find one closer to you as i guess dingletown is a bit far out of your way
They are bound to be good with 12 fingers each:lol:

·
Administrator
46,885 Posts
Your GTA's red isn't it? They would be no good for me down here in Kent, but I am just wondering what the colour matching was like. I spoke to Ned about mine, but he warner getting the colour matched on Alfa red can be tricky.
Absolutely indistinguishable.

In fact, the detailer guy who did my car last summer, who cheerfully admitted to being anally retentive about such things (his company is called OCD!) informed me that the paint quality on my car was great, and it was all original!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts