Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Very nice!

Anybody actually experienced brake fade on their Giulia, I quote "The driver gets a brake pedal feel that remains consistent and firm, however hot the brakes may get (so no spongy pedal on track)". So if the brakes are hot how does that translate into actual braking feel and response?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
clarkson was praiseworthy of the stelvio QV (as much as he can for a SUV) and the giulia QV in sunday times motoring

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nice!

Anybody actually experienced brake fade on their Giulia, I quote "The driver gets a brake pedal feel that remains consistent and firm, however hot the brakes may get (so no spongy pedal on track)". So if the brakes are hot how does that translate into actual braking feel and response?
In my experience from a few track days (Q with steel brakes): once the brakes start getting hot, the performance of the brakes decreases (you feel that you slow down slower than before), but the brake pedal feel does not change. With other systems you feel the pedal getting more and more spongy, not with this (which is logical, given brake by wire). It just means you need to be more careful to your actual rate of retardation in cases where you know your brakes are heating up, rather than waiting for the pedal to go light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts