Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas,

I have some family down in Malaga that run a first-owner 156 2.0. We're real AR enthusiasts and the 156 is considered a family member that we won't part ways with - you are getting the picture of the affection for the car.

We're looking for some good recommendations for a garage in the Malaga area. A google search listed a few options, we went for one of them and are not too happy with the quality of service - no need for naming and shaming at this point, but we would happily hear about recommendations from forum members.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good AR or independent garage in the region?

Many thanks in advance for any tips!!

(Forum member Imski, you have set your location to Malaga; do you still run a 147, and where do you do your services? :) )

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys, with so many tourists in Costa del Sol, there must be somebody that runs an Alfa over there? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
This is a predominantly English forum, my guess is you'd have to post that question on a Spanish AR forum

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Knowing there are so many English-speaking retired people enjoying the sunshine, good life and superior health care system, I decided to try my luck here first :)

And yes, sadly Alfas are quite rare in Spain, and there too we have to hear about their "reliability problems". :furious: by people who never owned, let alone driven one.

My family has gotten a few purchase offers for the 156 by neighbors though, so there seems to be some interest for the brand.

Thanks guys for your inputs!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi fellas,

I have some family down in Malaga that run a first-owner 156 2.0. We're real AR enthusiasts and the 156 is considered a family member that we won't part ways with - you are getting the picture of the affection for the car.

We're looking for some good recommendations for a garage in the Malaga area. A google search listed a few options, we went for one of them and are not too happy with the quality of service - no need for naming and shaming at this point, but we would happily hear about recommendations from forum members.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good AR or independent garage in the region?

Many thanks in advance for any tips!!

(Forum member Imski, you have set your location to Malaga; do you still run a 147, and where do you do your services? :) )
I do indeed live in the Malaga province, more precisely in Mijas.
I own 2 147s and perform almost all servicing on them myself, anything I don't fancy gets done by the small local fiat dealer, which seems to be limited to timing belt changes lately.
They did inspire some confidence in me as italian car enthusiasts when I spotted 2 Lancia Delta integrales in their workshop a couple of years back, and the chief mechanic seems sympathetic to a tinkerer like me who has a go at most things.
Anyway, I have no complaints, but then they haven't had to go out of their way on anything so far yet either.

Talleres Inyecmovil | Servicio Oficial Fiat Professional en Mijas

My beef with Spanish forums (not just car-related, but in general) is that people using them seem unable to type full words or spell anything even remotely correctly. It's like reading teenagers' texts before auto-complete was invented and I feel myself getting dumber every minute I read them... :evil:
I'm not *that* old, but I guess I *am* that grumpy...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Knowing there are so many English-speaking retired people enjoying the sunshine, good life and superior health care system, I decided to try my luck here first :)

And yes, sadly Alfas are quite rare in Spain, and there too we have to hear about their "reliability problems". :furious: by people who never owned, let alone driven one.

My family has gotten a few purchase offers for the 156 by neighbors though, so there seems to be some interest for the brand.

Thanks guys for your inputs!
In my neighbourhood there are a fair few Alfa's around. I know of 3 147's in my street alone (no, that's not counting my 2 :jester:) and a few more in the surrounding streets (couple of 156, a 159 and a brera).

The default car evolution for spanish males however is to go seat ibiza -> leon or golf -> audi or bmw.

Alfa Romeo is looked at as pretty but problematic, and they don't even rust here!

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Saw a 159 in Southern Portugal a few years back and it looked like the clear coat had been burnt off by the sun!!

Real mess .. oh and he/she needs their front wheel alignment done!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gracias Imski!

I agree on your point of the Spanish forums, I speak Spanish perfectly but absolutely hate reading "modern" Spanish on forums - even emails, both private and semi-private, are terrible.

Good to meet another "aficionado"!

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
I run Land Rovers in Spain rather than Alfas - and I fix them myself. I know a good mechanic in La Herradura, who I would trust with my V8 Landy, but I don't think he'd relish fiddly Alfas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts