Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Jim's was one of the first Alfa pages I found on the 'Net -- long before I discovered AO. It's a really helpful site, and I've made reference to it here in the past. I'm surprised that it is still up. Months ago he posted a notice saying he was going to give the site up. I haven't checked in recently, but I would hate to see it go.
--Toronto

[Edit] I just took another look at the site. The image Hans posted hadn't loaded before I made my post. I just assumed he didn't like the little cartoony cars that were on the old site. Wow the site has changed completely. I don't know if it's for good or bad. It used to be a simple, informative site. I don't know if any of the good qualities have remained after the redesign. :confused:

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Jamie,

I've posted a few shots already. Actually I think there are even some in this lounge. :)

Anyways, here's a couple that I haven't put up yet.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>Show off
:rolleyes: :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts wink

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Figures, I post them for Jamie, and he's too busy to look at them. wink :D

Seriously, thanks guys for the nice comments. :) And special thanks to Hans, as always, for his help. :)

As I've said before, the car isn't spectucular. It's not a trailer queen. It's a daily driver in the summer. It has signs of 30 years of life, just as we all do at that age. :D

It's not quite as orange as the photos make it appear, and the steering wheel is a medium-light chestnut all over. The dark sections are new to me :D

I finally have tons of other photos, but I won't slap them all up here. Trust me, you'd get tired of them pretty quickly. :D I might post a couple more as winter progresses, or as it gets closer to spring and I actually start thinking about getting the car out of storage again.
--Toronto

·
Registered
734 Posts
Toronto,

Thats a lovely example.. very very nice.

JaB

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
JaB,
Glad you like it.

Hans,
Again, thanks for your work. :) But you really shouldn't go to all the trouble for little old me.

Actually I don't care too much what colour the car turns out in pictures. As I've said, I think that model can sport almost any colour. Besides, I figure that any AO member who wants to see the true colour of the Spider can come see it in person. wink :D
--Toronto

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Thanks for the invite Toronto, but you drive on the wrong side of the road.
Too scary for me.
eek! wink

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
An image says more than a 1000 words

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I can describe that in 1000 words if you want :D wink

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Jamie,
It's amazing how many faults a picture can hide. :D

Seriously though, the body is in good shape, :) except for the oil pan guard. :rolleyes: There are stone chips rant in the paint, the rubber caps on the back bumper are cracked (and I can't find new ones), and I think I've got some of the badges on in the wrong spots. :D

The interior shows more signs of general wear, and one of the seats needs to be reseamed. I hate my ugly speakers and the radio is constantly on the fritz. (I hate the thought of buying a new one. They're all too modern looking.)

The roof is rubbing against something when it is folded down, so there is one spot that is developing a shiny wear mark. I don't know what I'm going to do about that problem. And the list goes on and on. The longer I look, the more problems I can find, so I try not to look at it too carefully. :D

Seriously though, thanks for you nice comments. Sorry to here that work is giving you grief. :( The best I can say is hang in there, the holidays are coming. (Of course that means rushing to get stuff done before the break and then working double time to catch up from all the time off.)

Hugo,
I'd love to hear a 1,000 words from you on the beauty of my car. I'm sure it would be an instant AO classic. wink

Wim,
Thanks. That's so nice. :)

Rick,
But I have a reason to be afraid of your side of the road. We don't get any exposure to that over here. I'm assuming that you get to jaunt off to the continent every once in a while, so it should all be old hat to you. wink
--Toronto

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toronto Spider:
<strong>Hugo,
I'd love to hear a 1,000 words from you on the beauty of my car. I'm sure it would be an instant AO classic. wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toronto, I'll start right now! Somehow I think you're right: it will be an AO classic! wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toronto Spider:
<strong>Hugo,
I'd love to hear a 1,000 words from you on the beauty of my car. I'm sure it would be an instant AO classic. wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toronto, I'll start right now! Somehow I think you're right: it will be an AO classic! wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not finished yet, my Friend?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
535 words and counting :D

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Toronto,

Your bella is:
Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely :D wink

Congratulations

All the Best

Sérgio

1 - 20 of 20 Posts