Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone? I feel like playing this Friday.. But a regular AO fourball would be nice.

And I'll have none of that "golf is for pansies" BS from you lot ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'd actually love to start playing a bit of golf actually. Used to play quite a bit, not very well cause I always think I'm Tiger and take risks that are WAY above my skill-level, but alas - it was fun.

Won't be able to do this Friday though - shooting the whole day. I think when I move to JHB I will join you when I can Kev. Where do you normally play?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah that's cool man, I'm a member and Randpark Country Club, its really nice there now, and I can Windsor aswell, just let me know, don't worry I hack aswell hahaha

oh ya... hi jacking my own thread here but, my mate with the scooby is hitting tarlton on Friday, do you wanna do the accelerometer there?

·
Registered
975 Posts
ah that's cool man, I'm a member and Randpark Country Club, its really nice there now, and I can Windsor aswell, just let me know, don't worry I hack aswell hahaha

oh ya... hi jacking my own thread here but, my mate with the scooby is hitting tarlton on Friday, do you wanna do the accelerometer there?
Hahaha! Cool - Golf is really a losing battle, but it is a lot of fun (not the dress-up part though!)

We do all the runs with the accelerometer on the same stretch of road here in Pretoria, so would be pointless... Plus, I'm not going to Tarlton on Friday... will be celebrating getting my car back (and a friend who's Scooby ran bearings is also getting his back)!!

You guys should pull through to Pretoria sometime...

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yeah with golf you have to play often!

ah ok I see, I'll try, organising with him is a mission.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I used to play twice a week, about 4 years ago, now I'm lucky if I get two games a year. Would love to play regularly again. Week day games are pretty much out of the question for me, I could only play every second weekend (When I don't have my kids) and then usually I got something happening on the other weekend. Been to the driving range recently and still hit the ball pretty straight..

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Well, I'm a +3 handicap...... Is that good....? Haha Just kidding.

I used to play alot of golf, I mean a real lot of golf. These days I hardly ever play. If you chaps did not live so far I would offer a game.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I always fought it was for older guys like the dudes at Ar...sorry!

I'd like to start playing as it will go with my new image I'm trying to uphold...snob of the month!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you think golfers are snobs, you haven't met someone that plays polo yet haha

@mason, +3? really? You must be pretty good then lol haha I'm sitting on a 28 now, forgot to have my old handicap transferred from Bryanston.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I always fought it was for older guys like the dudes at Ar...sorry!

I'd like to start playing as it will go with my new image I'm trying to uphold...snob of the month!
:lol: It can be like that, but not always. It kinda depends on where you play and with whom you play.

Its a great game.

you think golfers are snobs, you haven't met someone that plays polo yet haha

@mason, +3? really? You must be pretty good then lol haha I'm sitting on a 28 now, forgot to have my old handicap transferred from Bryanston.
POLO..............:tut: Reminds of that Peoples Carrier....:tut:

Just kidding about the +3. But when I used to play, some of the tournamnents you played had different categories. So, if you were below a 10, you played in the same group as all the rest of the top blokes and you didn't use your handicap, you just played off a scratch handicap.

I've played many tournaments with +2 and +3 golfers, most of them were crap. Alot of people used to bulldust the system to make themselves look good. I guess it must still happen?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah well you will always get guys that cheat and try beat the system in every sport..

The way I see it though, is that there's no point in trying your handicap lower than its meant to be, because when you playing in a comp against other okes you're gonna need all the points you can get haha

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'm just kidding dude. Its just that I've played with many people in many competitions.

I was playing a fairly big compo the once at Durban CC. Hole 12 is a table top par 3, its only about 140m. This chap made a 14 and he was playing off a 3 anyways, he then burst into tears. We laughed ourselves on to the floor.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL @ the people's carier Mason...damn good one!:cheese:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Can't really remember all the right lingo. I think you right though. I just remember that they made everyone play off scratch, and there main reason behind it was so that it would expose the ringers and the bull****ters.

Most tournamnets were won by people with a 3 or 4 handicap.

You say you a 28...?

·
Registered
665 Posts
New handicap system, takes the average of what you shoot over par. My handicap still shows as a 18. That means I gotta give Kev 10 points. Guess if we do play i'm definately not putting money on the game.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts