• cavity backs

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of Howson clubs. I've got a sharesave thingy at work maturing later on in the year and i'm thinking about buying my first premium clubs, custom fitted, the works :cool:

Actually, I'm pretty excited about it already :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's an 8 hole course outside my office.

Even that hasn't encouraged me to walk around
a completely destroyed cork-oak forest with bag
full of clubs.

:p

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Other...

I've got a cheap set of Irons...

I just bought a new Driver (£10) :cool: the lacquer has been scratched underneath so it was 'marked down' from £80

I need a new putter....

The one I've got now is useless :lol:

Memo to self.... you can sell a Golfer anything, at any price.

A golfer will pay anything to 'improve' his/her game

Why didn't I get into golf club development and production..... 'loadsa munney' :D

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
i have a set of Dunlop DDH milennium irons, Ping putter and Dunlop Titanium Woods, dont use them as often as i should perhaps :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Very, very true :lol: (And i'm guilty as charged :eek: )

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Can't part with my Mizuno MP67 Blades. yep they are hard to hit but when you catch it it's sweet as a nut. Bit like our Alfas
Indespensible recent additions are 2 Titleist Vokey Spin Mill oil can wedges.

Pity I can't bloody use them all due to being laid up with a dodgy limb . . .:rant:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are cavity backs supposed to be lighter?
I think it's just weight distribution which changes, being lower in cavity backs, for more forgiveness.

Blades perform better on good strikes, but punish bad contacts severely. Cavity backs are better all round for us weekend hackers :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Golf?

*yawn!* :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I pish myself everytime I see this :cheese:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think it's just weight distribution which changes, being lower in cavity backs, for more forgiveness.

Blades perform better on good strikes, but punish bad contacts severely. Cavity backs are better all round for us weekend hackers :lol:
A lot of professionals no longer use "pure" blades any more. The fact is, that with the advances in technology, cavity back clubs are suitable for 99% of golfers, not just hackers. I have used Orlimar Tri Metal, cavity backs for the last seven years (bought them off Golfbidder for £120). They have graphite shafts, and a small head. I had them re-gripped a couple of years ago with Golf Pride midsize Tour Wraps.
Tiger Woods and Ernie Els use blades, but they are the best ball strikers in the World.
If you are thinking of a new set of irons, then Mizuno, Titleist, TaylorMade, Ping, Cleveland, Yonex and Wislon all make great cavity back irons.
I would rather hit nine out of ten good shots, rather than one really special one.;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Other...

I've got a cheap set of Irons...

I just bought a new Driver (£10) :cool: the lacquer has been scratched underneath so it was 'marked down' from £80

I need a new putter....

The one I've got now is useless :lol:

Why didn't I get into golf club development and production..... 'loadsa munney' :D
:thumbs:
Never a truer word spoken GJ. The old proverb "A fool and his money" might have been written for us golfers.:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can throw a ball a lot further than I can hit one, use your hands instead. Wanging balls we find into a lake is about as far as I've got with golf though.

Speed golf could liven things up a bit. Everyone starts with a different colour ball and 3-2-1-go! You take as many hits as you like, first one to pot all the balls wins. And we get to watch those tubby, sweaty, middle aged BMWists do some exercise for once!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts