Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...continued from:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/103978-gold-s-alfa-romeo-spider-v6-3-0-24v-grigio-2.html

and

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/117058-cleaning-the-interior-to-factory-spec.html

Excuse the bad weather on these pics, I'll do another set when the sun's out.

:)

I looked at a lot of wheels, and did many photoshop knock ups before coming to the conclusion that I needed split 5 spoke wheels. Personally I also decided on 18 inch, as I found 17 inch a bit too small and 19 inch a bit to big for the chassis of the 916.

I found a set by RH Wheels; the Type BE, but these were too jagged. (Type BE is like on the Audi R8)

I finally found a set by MAK, the MAK Variante Mirror. (Type Ferrari F430)

Unfortunately this wheel was half chrome and was ET 35, 5x100, so I would need wobblybolts.

Long story, until I called MAK again and learned that the plastic chrome inlets on another MAK wheel, the Variante Chrome were removeable.

MAK Variante Chrome:

This wheel thankfully was also not half chromed and surprisingly was ET 30 and 5x98, i.e. compatible out of the box with the 916. For the rest, it was identical with the MAK Variante Mirror.

The plastic chrome strips removed:

Result:

Pirelli P Zero

225x40R18 Front
235x40R18 Rear

<Edit, deleted the rainy pics, better pics further in the thread.>

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I must admit I didn't think very much of them from your photos of the wheels on their own. Strangely though they do seem to suit the car - I wasn't expecting them to.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I must admit I didn't think very much of them from your photos of the wheels on their own. Strangely though they do seem to suit the car - I wasn't expecting them to.

Thanks,

If you put on wheels with round curves, etc, shapes that aren't on the car, it seems not to fit.
But if you put on wheels with just a few lines on it seems to complement the car.

I don't really know, I just thought they looked nice.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
not keen on those wheels, i think the originals look better but wow that is one stunning car, how long did you spend cleaning it for the first thread? you can come and clean mine anytime. best colour combination for the spider by the way along with blue with tan leather.

stunning car.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Nice wheels. :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
MAn that car and them wheels are savage:) Great choice. Wanna come to IReland and clean my car haha:D:p

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
nice, do they do those wheels in a 16" and would they fit a 147 :p?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice, do they do those wheels in a 16" and would they fit a 147 :p?

I don't know check the MAK wheels homepage. But why do you want 16 inch? The 147 would look better with 17 inch I think, maybe even 18?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I don't know check the MAK wheels homepage. But why do you want 16 inch? The 147 would look better with 17 inch I think, maybe even 18?
I want to maintain the performance and handling charectoristics of the standard 147, also don't want to risk ruining the speedo calibration.

Cheers,

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Beautiful :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts