Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with justsuds.co.uk?
I paid for a set of Golden Lodge 25HL plugs for a boxer engine on 5th January and still haven't received them. Are they considered a reputable supplier? They've stopped replying to my emails (though I will try to call them on Monday).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
They've always been 100% to deal with in my experience but I've always done business with them over the phone rather than by email. It's only been a week or so so I wouldn't panic just yet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, puts my mind at rest. Stuff can go astray in the post so I'm happy to give him the benefit of doubt.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi

Spoke, to John today,picking some stuff up from his tomorrow,
no benefit of doubt required with John , lent me a pair of brand new origanal
S3 rear wings to take fibreglass copies of, dropped them back of this week.
He,s not big on email, to busy grafting, ring the landline.

Regards Liam

K

·
0 Posts
agrred with all the above, john is sound. i've had loads of dealings with him and he's never let me down

just he doesn't really do emails, phone him monday morning and have a chat, sure he will put your mind at ease :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Received a block gasket set from him 6000 miles away. Yes slow at replying to emails but he sent my package off as soon as he received payment.

:)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update...

1st set of plugs never arrived.
Asked about the possibility of tracking the original item and was told "unfortunately there is no way of tracking them with Royal Mail".
I checked with the local sorting office and they had nothing. As far as they were concerned, I should have been given a tracking number (this was supposed to be first class Royal mail); without it they couldn't help.

After calling him, he agreed to send a second set of plugs as 10 working days had expired.
I offered to pay p/p for the second set but he declined. Another 5 working days have passed and I've received nothing. I had sent my address via email, so there could be no error with that.

I've always received stuff from the UK in a day or two (e.g. ebspares). Over three weeks since I paid and I've still received nothing.

I can only conclude that nothing was ever sent. Thankfully, it's not a very large sum, so I guess I'll just have to put it down to experience.

Does anyone know any reliable suppliers of these plugs?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Try Alfashop in Norwich tel. 01603 426 277 I used to get my Golden Lodge plugs from there.

If not there's these: Spark Plug - Lodge - 2.5HL

If not why not use readily available NGK plugs like I do (I'll take one out and confirm the part no. tomorrow).

Cheers,
Adam

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure of the exact make I have now (supplied by local motor factor), but, since I replaced the oem set, fuel economy has suffered.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oops, too slow, meant the first link.
Buying now :)

Edit: have to confirm the seller posts to Ireland first. Thanks for the link anyway.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Royal Mail during December were a disaster.

My mother sent a package from the UK on 12 Dec. Didn't arrive until last week!!!!!!!!!!
I think they were overloaded and understaffed at the xmas period.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i have dealt with John at just suds many times, yep he can be slow but he is an honest bloke.

Golden lodge are a bit over rated, i hunted them down for years to fit to our alfa's.. then one day gave up and put a set of NGK's in to see " just how bad" they would be...

well the cars now start, run, drive better on NGK's then they ever did with golden lodge and i have used them since

I have put bosch super 4 in my 16v boxer, will see how these go

1 - 20 of 41 Posts