Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Going to remove my media player, in favour of a car PC.

Just wondering if the media player will function independently of the OEM head unit, IE, can i tap into the audio out of the Blue & me, and connect it to the audio in in the PC and have a hybridisation of the blue and me and the car PC?

The way it looks is when you play media, the head unit just says "media player" and passes through and amplifies the audio....

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how, but B&M is integrated with the factory headunit. Normally, when you replace the factory headunit, B&M no longer functions; and you should not remove the B&M unit or else the odometer flashes as an error.

As such, I suspect B&M is integrated with CANBUS in some way. There is now an adaptor to integrate B&M with an aftermarket headunit, to at least retain the BT phone function. I just don't know what wiring is critical, and whether an audio feed is part of that (presumably is). I haven't seen any wiring schematic for the adaptor, but you may be able to decipher it just by looking and probing. Buying an adaptor may be the solution for you, to integrate with the carPC.
BLUE AND ME INTERFACE

:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not exactly sure how, but B&M is integrated with the factory headunit. Normally, when you replace the factory headunit, B&M no longer functions; and you should not remove the B&M unit or else the odometer flashes as an error.

As such, I suspect B&M is integrated with CANBUS in some way. There is now an adaptor to integrate B&M with an aftermarket headunit, to at least retain the BT phone function. I just don't know what wiring is critical, and whether an audio feed is part of that (presumably is). I haven't seen any wiring schematic for the adaptor, but you may be able to decipher it just by looking and probing. Buying an adaptor may be the solution for you, to integrate with the carPC.
BLUE AND ME INTERFACE

:)
hmmmmm, intriguing.

ill have a play.

today my radio was locked out (displayed "code") for the period it wasn't working, the media player was still fully functional, just the radio wasnt amplifying

im pretty sure i can get round the flashing odo with a proxy alignment. odo flashing, usually denotes can bus error (ie missing, or unexpected node)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts