Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, I'm driving on the continent tomorrow, a European road trip. I know that you can't put been never on xenon lights via they'll just melt. I have OEM xenon's and I can't find the adjuster mentioned in the manual (I think the manual only applies to halogen lights)

Help please!

·
Registered
30,293 Posts
This has come up many MANY times on here.
Apparently the OEM HIDs have a flat beam, so they don't need adjusting for continental driving.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has come up many MANY times on here.
Apparently the OEM HIDs have a flat beam, so they don't need adjusting for continental driving.
I've been searching all day, nothing conclusive....

The OEM beam pattern is '---___ ---___ ' I'm 100% certain it's not flat

·
Registered
30,293 Posts
The point being, it isn't "\___" "\___".

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Oh, i see.

So all i need to do is aim them a little lower if anything.

how do i explain to the foreign police if they question my lack of beam benders?? lol
Theres an adjuster slide inside the head light to adjust the beam patern. Its burried deep but its there

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Page 107 in your cars manual.
Read it...Doesn't say anything about xenons that I remember...I can find the adjuster in my mum's halogen 159. But not in my HID one...had anyone with ONE xenons successfully adjusted their been pattern??

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Here you go

head light.jpg

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Could be the case, but you stil need to adjust the patern in the HID when driving on the big island. Cant see them making a whole different insides for the headlights.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep, that picture is the back of a halogen bulb fitting...in the HID one, the ballast on the back of the bulb extends all the way down, then behind it is the solenoid to lift the shutter in the BI-Xenon mechanism.

i cant visualise how its even possible to have a slider there, let alone get my hand in there.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
We tryed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We tryed.
fair do's, much appreciated.

ill take my HID bulb out and take a photo tomorrow morning (i leave in the early hours of Wednesday), then ill be able to see if there is a lever or not, and this subject can finally have a definitive answer

·
Registered
30,293 Posts
I used the control in the cabin.
Which means you have Halogen headlights and also therefore have the lever in the headlight (although you couldn't find it).

The OEM HIDs have a flat beam and no lever.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
OEM Xenons won't have an on board adjuster, they have an auto adjuster set up. Part of the specifications for factory fit xenon systems.
I also think there is no need for an adjustment as the spread pattern is very different to the halogen set up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts