Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to move into a Spider. It's a well specced car with the leather dash (Looks so much better than the standard plastic one)

Has anyone else done it and do they regret the decision?

I love the lines over the coupe but the spider seems more of an occasion.

Any input appreciated!

Kind Regards

Joe

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just had this dilemma, having just picked up my coupe on Saturday.

Drive both and see what you like better.

I like the look of the spider more than the coupe, but being noticeably heavier you can feel the difference when driving (well I can quite easily, I can even feel a large difference when there is a passenger in the car).

If you are buying it for the spiders sake, then yes, if you are buying it for fast cornered country roads, the occasional track day, having something that is unbelievably light and driver focused, then stick with the coupe.

Just my 2cents

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had this dilemma, having just picked up my coupe on Saturday.

Drive both and see what you like better.

I like the look of the spider more than the coupe, but being noticeably heavier you can feel the difference when driving (well I can quite easily, I can even feel a large difference when there is a passenger in the car).

If you are buying it for the spiders sake, then yes, if you are buying it for fast cornered country roads, the occasional track day, having something that is unbelievably light and driver focused, then stick with the coupe.

Just my 2cents
I have just sold my Launch Edition Coupe. I've driven the spider (Hired one for a weekend from Europcar when they had them on fleet to get a good feel for it.

I don't really feel much difference in weight to be honest!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to move into a Spider. It's a well specced car with the leather dash (Looks so much better than the standard plastic one)

Has anyone else done it and do they regret the decision?

I love the lines over the coupe but the spider seems more of an occasion.

Any input appreciated!

Kind Regards

Joe
I know it should be obvious, but the GTV Coupe' is much more taught than the Spider. The Coupe' suffers less chassis flex than the Spider. The GTV is as strong as an Ox. Which is all well and good but if one is doing country road touring, the 3.0 or 3.2 aren't that happy on tortuous country lanes. And to be frank, if the countryside is your bag, then the Spider is ideal for drinking it in. And with the 2.0 there is a better balance to the car and the lower weight/power doesn't test the chassis to any great extent.

But if one is doing long distances on motorways, the Coupe' is quieter and much more relaxing at high speeds. If I was in a position to have both, trots around the Dales in a 2.0 litre Spider would brilliant, after getting up there on the M 6 in a 3.0 GTV Coupe'

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it should be obvious, but the GTV Coupe' is much more taught than the Spider. The Coupe' suffers less chassis flex than the Spider. The GTV is as strong as an Ox. Which is all well and good but if one is doing country road touring, the 3.0 or 3.2 aren't that happy on tortuous country lanes. And to be frank, if the countryside is your bag, then the Spider is ideal for drinking it in. And with the 2.0 there is a better balance to the car and the lower weight/power doesn't test the chassis to any great extent.

But if one is doing long distances on motorways, the Coupe' is quieter and much more relaxing at high speeds. If I was in a position to have both, trots around the Dales in a 2.0 litre Spider would brilliant, after getting up there on the M 6 in a 3.0 GTV Coupe'
Unfortunately I'm referring to the 4C. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't really feel much difference in weight to be honest!
That just means you aren't driving it how it was meant to be driven ??? Lol

On a non LE 14 plate, I easily notice the difference when another body is occupying the passengers seat.

Sports and luxury pack, 18"&19" wheels.

If you don't feel the difference, and you like the spider, then get the spider ?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That just means you aren't driving it how it was meant to be driven ??? Lol

On a non LE 14 plate, I easily notice the difference when another body is occupying the passengers seat.

Sports and luxury pack, 18"&19" wheels.

If you don't feel the difference, and you like the spider, then get the spider ?
Can always just compensate with a remap ;)

Anyway, I've gone for the spider. Should pick it up next week.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can always just compensate with a remap ;)

Anyway, I've gone for the spider. Should pick it up next week.
Can't remap for cornering, agility and braking :)

Just be happy that those Australians who ordered a coupe have a heavier car than your spider lol

What specs? What colour did you pick?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only just seen this. I was planning to but ended up going to drive the Stelvio at Millbrook.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts