Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and Liz spent a couple of days away in N Norfolk. We often spend a night or two in the White Horse in Blakeney - well recommended - go there if you get the chance.

We live in Suffolk and this time decided to drive back along the coast road - basically head East from Cromer. We were in the GTV and we all know that the suspension is like a go-cart - stay with me - I will digress.

We loved the isolation and we could say "blimey if you were a young mother what could you find to do here" as we drove through villages. It was great - drive through Bacton where North Sea gas comes inland and you will see nothing but a straight road. The MOD has radar stations along that coast. Bililons spent on defence but you would not notice it. The roads are minor and rough.

My point - I powerflexed the GTV two years ago and it calmed the rear suspension. Drive around this area of N. Norfolk and the roads are crap - I could hear clonks and groans because the roads were SO bad - I think deliberately so - Terrorist? - 40mph- we will hear you coming.

Once back on the the A12 silence.

Question - am I paranoid?

Paul.

Sorry should have posted in Way off Topic- moderator(s) please move

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACAPULCO AL said:
vin rouge, monsieur?
Non - vin blanc - too much (obviously) but I enjoyed it.

The roads really are crap btw - I really thought the bushes were on the way out again.

Right then where's me glass?

Paul.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
phil155 said:
did you take your passport to get out of norfolk?
No only required to get in.

Spent a lovely holiday in the 70's at Fledgborough...BurghST margerets.Brilliant summer great holiday

Returned the a few years later and thunderstorms ruined holiday.

Still to potter about on the Broads...Maybe one day.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
PaulR said:
Me and Liz spent a couple of days away in N Norfolk. We often spend a night or two in the White Horse in Blakeney - well recommended - go there if you get the chance.
....and the finest Bacon Sarnies from the Cafe by the harbour :cool: :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts