Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all and Happy Christmas!

I've just had a quote of £249 to replace the glow plugs on my 57 plate Brera (which in itself seems excessive...).

I have three questions...

1. Is it worth just getting one replaced and replace the rest as/when they go?
2. Is £249 excessive?
3. Should my warranty by covering them? It is the Alfa warranty but a few things they won't touch so far like a squeaking seat (apparently they won't authorise looking for squeaks), a squeaking seatbelt (won't authorise unless it fails :wow:) or noisy SV blind.

Have seen posts on here of people getting things like this covered - do I need to try another dealer and see if they can push warranty company?

Thanks people!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
What are they replacing them with...
Thats way way too much, I changed a set of 4 on my 1.9 and they cost £28 for the set, I think the 5 cylinder engines use the same plugs but obviously with one more but best to check so yours would probably cost about £35, and they are very easy to fit, half an hour maximum you just need a screw driver and I think an 11mm deep socket,

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I authorised them at 4.30 but rang back pretty soon after to stop them but no reply-hopefully they went home early for Christmas and I can stop them tomorrow.

Could it be a case of the dealer not being 'forceful' enough with Alfa?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I reckon the dealer hasnt tried, there was no issue at all - the fault came up, they changed all 5, I just paid 30 mins for the diagnosis.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Western Glasgow, but even with the 156 before that, Arnold Clark always got things approved as well in year 3, years 1&2 should never be a quibble at all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks CJ

Mines a 57 plate but still an Alfa warranty - not sure if that makes any difference

Have spoken to another dealer and they are "99.9% sure" they will be covered. How can this be the case with two franchised dealers!?!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update-original dealer has 'convinced' warranty company to cough up. Result!

Would have been gutted if I'd paid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts