Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have glow plug heating problem, and I will check the relay. But I do not have any diagram (shematic) of the relay. Does anybody has? I searched on internet but could not find any detailed document...

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
The problem is either:
Relay, it's a box on the bulkhead (get a replacement, the GT has the same relay if you speak to breakers )
Fuse: There is a yellow 'maxi' fuse literally on top of the battery that supplies power, difficult to find online but only £1/2
Glowplugs: only £20 each

There is a very long thread in the stickies about this issue, suggest you have a read. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched but could not find any electrical diagram for glow plug relay. There are lots if topics but I could not find any shematic which shows the glow plug pins voltage values. I measered mine because I am having glow plug eror on dashboard and my car starts really hard on cold weathers.
I checked my glow plugs by measuring the glow plugs sokets with multimeter. 12 volt could be seen for all four glow plug sockets. And also relay clicks. But although to this I am still getting glow plug error.
I also measured their resistance and all four is correct, they are about 0 ohm...And I got another 4 glow plugs, I replaced them, but result did not changed. I connect it to diagnostic and seen that exept glow plig eror I also have "glow plug return data eror"

I measured glow plug pins. And their like at the attechment photo...
Could anyone check them for me?

I have an idea about this issue,,,
I guess glow plugs negative part directly connected to engine. It is the glow plug's screw part of course... I am measuring the resistance between engine and battery's negative pin and its about 30 ohm...
So, on engine, there is no enough earth, and this occurs my glow plug problem.
I will coonect engine to directly batterys negative pin. What do you think about this problem and also solution?

Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts