Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping i can get some advice,

ive been having issues with starup on GT, its now out of garage and drives well, ive recently changed fuel injectors as ive been having startup issues (sounds like a missfire) and then alot of white smoke.

Ive been getting glow plug error for a while so was wondering if i was to change the glow plugs, from experience would this tend to solve or have a relation to start up problems and smoke. It drives fine and no smoke when at optimum temp, just normally every time i start her.

Looking to change the glow plugs today but not sure if i will need to change the relay as well or just the glow plugs?

thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
iv got similar issue with mine as has about 90% of other jtd owners on here. we all just live with it as the car starts perfectly fine. but it is starting to do my head in a bit.
iv read up on it and it could be the relay for the plugs.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you have any smoke on start up you have a problem of some kind that needs looking at .Mine starts with no smoke at all

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
glow plug error nothing to do with white smoke..........i have the error and have no smoke at all.........just makes it harded to start in the depths of winter, as no effect on anything else

white smoke is either water (head gasket)
or unburnt fuel or wrong fueled
or timing is out

·
Registered
660 Posts
glow plug error nothing to do with white smoke..........i have the error and have no smoke at all.........just makes it harded to start in the depths of winter, as no effect on anything else

white smoke is either water (head gasket)
or unburnt fuel or wrong fueled
or timing is out
well iv got no water in the oil, defo correct fuel going in, and iv got no idea about the timing but after start up my car runs lovely. its white smoke that comes out of mine as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts