Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Am I missing something?

I did do a search and found reference to removing all screws inc the two big screws next to the aux/USB port. So I removed those and the three T25 screws along the top rim. Am I missing anymore because I can't see any I was slowly resorting to forcing stuff before I reassembled it all. Any tricks or prise points? Help lol

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I think from memory that there are three screws below the lower lip/hinge that holds the bottom of the glovebox in. Last time I took the glovebox out was a few years back so I am a bit rusty!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, but I've literally just been out to get some food and before I got back out of the car I thought, I wonder if there are any screws along the bottom and found one straight away on the bottom lip nearest me so I guess there will be more.. duh.

Thanks for confirming that for me. Need to route the power cable for this to the glovebox tomorrow. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Funny, but I've literally just been out to get some food and before I got back out of the car I thought, I wonder if there are any screws along the bottom and found one straight away on the bottom lip nearest me so I guess there will be more.. duh.

Thanks for confirming that for me. Need to route the power cable for this to the glovebox tomorrow. :)
That looks really impressive!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks! Job done!

Power to the dash cubby satnav routed Up from the glovebox USB using a splitter.
Taped the two centre contacts on one USB outlet to provide power only for the satnav, routed through a rubber grommet with the power cables wrapped in foam to prevent vibration, stuffed away above the glovebox and remaining outlet remaining inside the glovebox for my USB/iPod.

Being a modern TomTom it boots up as soon as the ignition is turned on and there is power at the USB and goes to sleep when it is turned off.

It's a 6" satnav and a very tight squeeze, in fact, I had to use a bit of heat on the rear of the cubby hole to make it malleable and push it out by a couple of mm along the width, otherwise the back of the satnav would hit the back as it folded away before the cover was closed. All goes back in the hole in the dash as it should and the satnav fits snugly away without colliding anywhere.

Well pleased :)

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Thanks! Job done!

Power to the dash cubby satnav routed Up from the glovebox USB using a splitter.
Taped the two centre contacts on one USB outlet to provide power only for the satnav, routed through a rubber grommet with the power cables wrapped in foam to prevent vibration, stuffed away above the glovebox and remaining outlet remaining inside the glovebox for my USB/iPod.

Being a modern TomTom it boots up as soon as the ignition is turned on and there is power at the USB and goes to sleep when it is turned off.

It's a 6" satnav and a very tight squeeze, in fact, I had to use a bit of heat on the rear of the cubby hole to make it malleable and push it out by a couple of mm along the width, otherwise the back of the satnav would hit the back as it folded away before the cover was closed. All goes back in the hole in the dash as it should and the satnav fits snugly away without colliding anywhere.

Back in a series0 myself but I have the 68r tomtom port. I've bought a second hand Blue & Me sat nav and I know its old but its equally as good as the uConnect system I had in my old exclusive. I don't think I'd be too bothered with a built in sat nav in the future.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thanks! Job done!

Looks good, does it raise and lower with the lid? If so have you got any pics of the mechanism?
I have an unused 7" tablet im thinking of doing something with but as I have the Tomtom port I'd need to switch to a storage compartment first (which tbh would be more usefull anyway).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts