Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sometime I've been concerned that the battery seems to discharge too quickly when the car isn't driven for a day or two despite the battery being in good condition. This morning I noticed that the glovebox light was on, so when I got home from work I investigated further and found that it remains on all the time whether the glovebox lid is open or closed even with the key removed from the dash.

For now I've taken the bulb out, but was wondering whether anyone had any idea's as to the cause and likely fix

Cheers

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Surely it will have a switch that allows the electrics to detect if the glove box is open or not. Find the switch, and I’m sure after an investigation that’ll cure the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
So, Had the same problem. Battery going down over night. Switch is at the back of the glove compartment on the right-side. You have to remove glove compartment cover and assy. Its easy if you take your time. When you remove the unit you will find it has it has popped out of its mounting bracket which is attached to glove compartment. Push it back in.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yep
Follow the instructions for replacing the interior filter. The cable is in the way. I popped mine out by accident when replacing the filter.
The switch should be one inside/center of the car side of the glove box door

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. Makes sense as the car has just been in for a full service at the local inde. At least I know they have changed the Pollen filter :rotate:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks folks. Makes sense as the car has just been in for a full service at the local inde. At least I know they have changed the Pollen filter :rotate:
That makes a lot of sense! did you fix it? I was fiddling for a good 3 minutes before I had the sensor back in its bracket, I dont know about the orientation but I had the feeling that it needs to rotate a quarter turn once inserted to lock in place.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Must admit I've not had chance to try yet. I will give it a go and if I can't get it back in, I'll take the car back to the garage who dislodged it in the first place. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
So, Had the same problem. Battery going down over night. Switch is at the back of the glove compartment on the right-side. You have to remove glove compartment cover and assy. Its easy if you take your time. When you remove the unit you will find it has it has popped out of its mounting bracket which is attached to glove compartment. Push it back in.

Surprised it made you battery go flat....on my car if you accidently leave any lights on, once you take the key out of the ignition, eight minutes(ish) later all the lights automatically go off. Outside, inside, glovebox....the lot. Very annoying when you a trying to fix something in the car on dark winter evenings!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts