Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
it looks like my glovebox has snapped a hinge, it can still open/close fine although the door wobbles around now on bumpy roads and doesn't sit right when closed, I want to fix it up before the other side comes off too then i'll be stuck with an open glovebox with the light always on.

Any suggestions on how i could go about this?
I haven't checked eLearn on how to remove the glovebox, I hear it's not too hard to take the whole thing out, any guides would be awesome!
Sorry if this has been covered before

Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
There is a post somewhere but it's quite easy. You take off the side panel (containing the passenger airbag key). That reveals one screw holding the end of the chrome trim. The rest of the fixings are just snap in. You can release the centre tunnel side trim. Then you'll see the multiple screws holding the glove box.

While you are there have a poke around and see if you can throw any light on the rattle we all have.

ps Do you have electric seats?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OldEngineer, I've had a bit of a look around in there when chasing a rattle once before but found it wasn't there although did find other rattles in the wheel arches and windscreen trim in the past.
Just to be safe, taking out the glovebox shouldn't require tampering with the airbag in any way at all? I'm familiar with the side panel beside the airbag key but nothing further from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts