Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Any hints on getting glossy gunk off Alfa dashboards? Dealers seem addicted to spraying this stuff around the dash and steering wheel. For me, it makes a car look instantly second hand, especially the hardcore silicon and US products. Its shine city.:irked:

I had it on a Fiat once and tried to get it off, resorting to Meths, but it was never right.

Alex.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Does anyone actually want a shiny dashboard? I can't imagine anything worse, who are these products aimed at???

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Check out some of the old 147 threads. Plenty of tips on cleaning without shine and how to get rid of the shine.

·
Registered
35,082 Posts
Does anyone actually want a shiny dashboard? I can't imagine anything worse, who are these products aimed at???
Cockpit Shyte should be banned . Interior bits are grained and matt for many reasons including the masking of general distortions in surfaces because of stuff on the back of parts and moulding sinkage. Groom cleaning stuff from Halfords used carefully to avoid polishing the grain away whilst cleaning can work well to remove the silicone.

D

·
0 Posts
Autosmart G101 diluted to 50:1 will remove it and leave the dash spotless. Follow with a good interior dressing like AutoBrite Pink Sheen or Meguiars interior detailer.
Is the autobrite better than autoglym's interior dressing?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ive used some of the Poorboys "natural look" dash stuff (it's a light blue cream) but it still seems to put a shine on it. Does anyone else use it?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Folks,

Any hints on getting glossy gunk off Alfa dashboards? Dealers seem addicted to spraying this stuff around the dash and steering wheel. For me, it makes a car look instantly second hand, especially the hardcore silicon and US products. Its shine city.:irked:

I had it on a Fiat once and tried to get it off, resorting to Meths, but it was never right.

Alex.
I had a surprising discovery of Leather Cleaner - not Leather Conditioner, but instead a cleaning product such as Mother's Leather Cleaner. When used on vinyl, it gets all the silicone gunk off and leaves a matt finish.

-Alex

1 - 14 of 14 Posts