Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Global warming. Are you a believer or a skeptic?

• Believer

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Skeptic

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.4%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple really, are you a believer in man made global warming or a skeptic.

I have included the other option just in case.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Im a sceptic, lets face it nobody gave a toss a few years back. Look out your window its the coldest its been in years. The earth goes thru many cycles and this is just one of them.

·
Registered
38,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit one sided so far isn't it. ;)

N

·
0 Posts
I used to think it was likely.

But after looking into it a bit more after the CRU email/data theft
I just cannot get my head around the idea of summing up the whole
complex system of the Earth's climate and weather as a single temperate
figure and then saying that's increasing year-on-year.

And even if it is, is that a bad thing?

Other: Population & resource control is the issue.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Skeptic! Dont care even if it is true :p

H

·
0 Posts
I'm on the fence, but it's too important to disregard as quickly as many on here seem happy to do.

K

·
0 Posts
I ticked other because I believe that climate change is happening (coldest winter for 30 years, wettest summer etc) but think there is more to it than just warming. I also believe that we can't just continue to produce endless ****e (CO2, household rubbish etc etc) without there being consequences. whether the two are linked I don't know because I'm a bit thick and can't get my head around it.

I detest things like carbon off-setting, the concept of buying a new car for green reasons and the Prius. If you genuinely care about the environment and the harm done by flying to Mexico, don't ****ing go. However, I use low energy bulbs, recycle etc.

I look after my car because I want it to last and I think we should do the same with the planet.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I am agnostic......because we are talking Religion here.

In reality it is not the Religion of Global Warming , it is the Religion of Man made Climate Change.
Yes we know the climate is Changing , it always does. But how much of it is Man "Made' and how much of it is Natural variation coming out of the little ice age for example,is another question.

As for saving the Earth, it is a Big Girl and can look after itself. Look what happened to the Dinosaurs when they got on Earths bad side ;)

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
The problem is climate change has happened ever since the earth had a climate. Being able to tell the difference between 'natural' climate change and the alledged 'manmade' climate change is impossible because climate is always in chaos.

V

·
0 Posts
climate change is happening and we probably aren't helping it with all the co2 being pumped out but its been so over exaggerated its unbelievable.

really its a great excuse to generate revenue and the government will continue to rape the hard working of their cash

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I think global warming is nonsense and is just an excuse to tax us more. As has previously been said, the earth goes through cycles - always has, always will. I would strongly welcome a return to common sense on all aspects of life in the UK.

N

·
0 Posts
No, our climate is in fact, very, very stable, and has been for millenia.
I'd have said that pretty unprovable.

Unless there is a secret network of weather stations
around the globe stretching back in time thousands of years.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts