Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know Glastonbury very well? I am coming down for the carnival in a few weeks and will be staying in the Wells area. I have looked at the carnival website and seen all the road closures and from what time, unfortunately they don't say where you can park. I imagine I will be parking in the Northload area. Is that a housing estate to the NE of the roundabout, whats parking like there, is it safe?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've been a couple of times and it's very heavily policed for miles around..I doubt you would be allowed leave your car anywhere unless you're a resident.They marshall the traffic through little country lanes until you're waved into a carpark.It can get a bit mucky alright but it's all part of it I suppose!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Haha..Sorry misread your post,thought you meant the music festival festival in the summer!Doubt this carnival has the same police presence!:lol:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Danny :lol:
This event takes over the town from about 17.00, parking will still be hell and maybe muddy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello
I'm from the area. I'd suggest getting there early and you should be able to park in the streets near northload street. across the roundabout near northload bridge is Glastonbury football club and they might have parking avaialble in there at a small fee?
Either way, yes it is safe, this is the west country after all :)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have jsut had a look at the High Street on Street View, so another question......

Is it essential to visit with a dog on a string :)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we got to Glasto about 17.00. Got to the road closures and spoke to the people directing traffic and asked for help with somewhere to park; with some shrugs of shoulders, "no idea" came the reply and pointed me at another road. This was a long winding country lane which took me to the other side of Glasto. Asked again and got the same responses, great!
Anyway, took a chance on a turn that I shouldn't have taken and two minutes later I happened upon a tiny cul de sac and squeezed in!

Carnival was better than ever.
The pub we stayed in, The George Inn at Croscombe was very good. The hosts very welcoming, decent choice of real ales and cider, plenty of excellent home made food :thumbs: The locals were friendly and loved my Brera (love me, love my car).
If you ever think of going there, the car park is tiny and parking in area is difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts