Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
always a mixed bag

tonight's high - specials and fleet foxes?

lows - some 12 yr gary barlow look a like singing dancing in the dark

G

·
0 Posts
Neil Young won't be topped this weekend, f'cking amazing set, not sure his band know what he's going to do next or he does, playing a guitar cos he loves doing it, not sure he even needed crowd but whatever, it created some of the best guitar driven music I've heard in many years and i thought i'd lost interest in it :)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Neil Young won't be topped this weekend, f'cking amazing set, not sure his band know what he's going to do next or he does, playing a guitar cos he loves doing it, not sure he even needed crowd but whatever, it created some of the best guitar driven music I've heard in many years and i thought i'd lost interest in it :)
I saw Neil Young live last Year, and he was the same then, went off on so many Guitar and Feedback solo's I think the Band just played along and waited for him to stop !!!!!.........:lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
77,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
excellent stuff, eh?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I also enjoyed The Specials and Fleet Foxes and I've got a bit of a 'thing' for Lilly Allen. ;)

I thought Neil Young was aweful and I'm pleased I missed Bruce Springsteen.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Watched a bit of Doves last night. Love 'The Fear', haven't heard that for years :thumbs:
Then whilst finishing my cuppa before beddy-byes, flicked over to see what must be the most obscure performance by Lady-Bla Bla Bla :confused:

·
Banned
467 Posts
actually I just dont get the whole Glasto 'thing'

dance around in mud with a load of stinking hippies waiting for the one act you really want to see whilst someone slashes your tent and nicks your stuff??????

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
+1 :thumbs:

It's been like watching amateur hour - and now the professional is on. Somebody who constructs a live performance rather than bands playing their greatest hits......

Brooooooooooooce!
Quality set.

even Eavis has offered to pay the fine since he went over the curfew :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I watched Springsteen on TV last night and I thought he was terrific.

Jo Whiley said Lily Allen had lost a lot of weight! I didn't realise she was fat before. But she's welcome to eat a few more pies for me. :p

She may not be a massive talent, but I'd rather have her (in every sense) than the likes of Lady Ga-Ga. She showed on Jonathan Ross what a tiresome and humourless cow she is.

And I'd say to those who slag Glastonbury off; don't knock it till you've tried it!

And far from being "stinking hippies", I think you'll find it's mostly nice middle-class types with their families nowadays.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
You just got to admire Tom Jones doing " Unbeliavable ".........:lol::lol:

Just watching the highlights on BBC 2 now !!!!....... :):)

V.V. Brown was excellent indeed !!!!.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Didn't know it was the first time ever, that Status Quo had played Glastonbury though !!!!!.........;)

Still going after all these Years too........:):)

..............:cheese::cheese::cheese:.............

1 - 20 of 51 Posts