Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am here in need of help! My 156 is sick. The Passenger compartment fan has stopped working completely (on any setting) and to be honest, I don't even know where the fan is located! As well as this the windscreen wipers (probably not related to the other problem) seem to want to stop in the middle of the wind screen except when on one of the non stop setting!
Can't realy afford another blank cheque garage experience! Any ideas!

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Wipers is a common fault, mine do this every now and then and only work on their fastest setting. Cure is to replace the motor/linkage (it is one part), however I can set-up a hosepipe on my windscreen and run the wipers for a couple of hours, this cures the problem for a few weeks. Driving a long way in rain does the same thing but I usually only go out for a drive in good weater so this doesn't happen to me much.

No idea about the passenger fan though.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Have you checked the fuses?

The fan is mounted up the back of the dash. It might be a loose connection. You can see the fan from under the windscreen scuttle (the plastic strips in in front of the screen). Take these off then take the pollen filter out and the fan is visible. But it doesn't come out this way. At least you can test it turn and isn't jammed by anything obvious ... leaves usually!

Or it could be the heater controls. they are accessible but a bit of a PITA ... radio, ashtray, gearstick gaiter has to gone out (you'll need the radio code!).

PS Glassman: What's a 165? What model have you got? Helps to tell us age, engine, body style, trinm level, etc. and were nosy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry must be a typo! Its a 156 TS from 2000. Nice car realy but its too dangerous to drive in this weather with those two problems! From what you say it looks as though I will have too take the fan out (if its faulty) from under the bonnet then? By the way thanks for your help and also do you know where I can download a workshop manual?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I had a 2000 156TS, with the same problem, not light blue is it:confused:

Didn't fix it though px'd for the GT :rolleyes: (sorry)

Hope someone can help you out mate :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts