Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. What do you use to clean your glass? I've tried various cleaners and cloths that look like it's clean but that always ends up smeary (inside) when the sun shines on it. Interested to hear if anyone has a failsafe method of cleaning glass.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I was told by a top valet type person, clean with hot water and microfibre, dry with microfibre obviously a dry one, job done,
see tip number 2 in this video.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I second the hot water and microfibre cloth and a bit of elbow grease tip.

For really stubborn smeariness, it helps to add a bit of vinegar to the water. Don't worry, it won't make the car smell like a fish and chips shop. I actually found that tip in the owner's manual of a Japanese car I had. It works a treat.

Before you clean the inside of your windscreen, put a towel down on your dashboard, so then you don't have to worry about any excess dripping down.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. Seems so easy. I'll try it! I bought 30 microfibre cloths from ebay for about a tenner so no worries there!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Generally smearing can be caused by several different things. I would guess the most common reason is applying too much product. With most glass cleaners soaking the glass is just a waste of product, I would try one spray per panel. Secondly, most cleaners do not like heat so cleaning hot glass is always going to be more challenging. Insufficient buffing or using dirty towels will go a long way to smearing glass.

I am a fan of the box method of cleaning glass as it is easy to do and ensures you don't miss some spots. Below is a video from the Rag Company, I use the same cleaner that they use but the technique is more important

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nilglass is good for inside, outside I bought some Autobrite clear vue polish when it was on offer -£3 for 500ml.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts