Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I´ve been using without issues my glass ceiling since I bought my Alfa Romeo Giulietta Petrol 1.4 Multiair 2011. Three weeks ago it´s starting to do weird things when I tried to close it, so a little bit of description... if it´s completely closed, there is no issue to setting the first (just the rear up creating a bit of space). From there you can move without problems to the second position (half of the way with the air barrier up) and finally to the third position (fully opened). The problem comes as soon as you are trying to close it from the second position to the first position, doing some quick and constant tack-tack noise while the speed of movement decrease and it´s not a continuous movement any more, just moving like "by frames", so, at some point it restarts by itself going to the third position again. The way I found to close it again it´s tedious, basically I need to push the closing button to get to the second position and then clicking in the closing button a lot of times to manage to get to the first position, then it´s working normally and it closes completly without issues.

The battery is new, so no low voltage and I already used some lithium grease to lubricate the rail. Also, I discovered yesterday that if you pull from the top of the glass to the inside the movement and the noise it´s softer, may be an unbalance in the glass position, or electric motors not working well or the heat of the summer deformed the plastic rail, I just was wondering if any of you had this situation before. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
A few ideas here

·
Registered
276 Posts
the guides can be dirty, and/or the rubber is dry and the supports can't be slid against them. Try some silicone spray on the rubbers and to clean the guides

1 - 3 of 3 Posts