Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Anxious to share in the Alfa ambiance here. Currently own a '62/'63 Giulia Sprint, '81 Spider 2.5L conversion, '88 Spider, '91 164. Past cars include '59 Veloce spider, '67 GTV, '71 Berlina, '62 Spider, '61 Sprint Speciale, less memorable Alfettas.

The '63 Sprint was the 1st Alfa I ever drove and turned me from an MGA owner into a dedicated Alfa owner. Had a chance to buy it back after 30 years. Now awaiting restoration.

Looking forward to visiting,

Best regards,

Ian
Fullerton, Calif

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there & Welcome! :p

Quite a project you have there!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi Ian and welcome! You certainly got your work cut out there, a labour of love:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome folks, the good thing is the Sprint is pretty solid, a little rust thru on the right rocker and some bubbling on the quarter panel wheel arches, but the floors are solid as is the trunk. Still bears the original carpet. The water pump went out about 1975 and the car was parked inside a garage since them. This will be my 3rd Alfa restoration after my '61 Spider and the '81 Spider. Piece of cake, but yes, lots of work. Didn't have to deal with any rust before this. Thanks again... Ian

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
welcome along :D

beautiful car once it's restored :thumbs:
be sure to throw up pics as you work through it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts