Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend the purchase on my first house went through. Im not moving in yet as it needs gutting but the garage is fine so i decided to put the GTA in it. my dad now uses my space on the drive to park his CLK.

Last night it was a bit windy as you probably noticed! About 11pm there was a big smash so we went out and a ridge tile had landed on the CLK. they had smashed rear screen and caused some light body damage. It was lucky I had the garage really as at least we could put it in the dry (although now the GTA is out in the rain)

I'm glad the GTA is safe though. That is my second lucky escape with roof tiles. A few years back I came out in the morning to find a pile of tiles by the bumper (photo below).

Anyone not been as lucky?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
A lucky escape :eek:. Only lucky thing happened near mine was a kid spinning his micro scooter round when the handle came undone and the scooter flew across the front/side of mine but just missed luckily, his Nan was talking to next door & my Dad so there where a few peolple around and everyone looked at him & i don't think he even knew how close it had come to hitting :lol:.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got nightmare kids near us too. They set up ramps in the road etc to jump with the scooters - another reason i glad i now have a garage.

Their parents actually encourage them to play on the road which is stupid as the entire thing is a blind corner. There is a five acre field five minutes walk away which would be much better.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Lucky escape SV. Bet your dad is kicking himself :wall:

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Guardian angel working overtime for you....:thumbs:....sorry for your Dad though......:(

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's worse than we thought in the daylight. Roof is dented in several places and the pillars are also dented in a few places. All 10p sized and shallow but not easily repaired. It is black as well so won't be easy to get a paint match

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I had a near miss this morning when a numpty mechanic at the tyre shop was about to lift the 147 GTA on a scissor lift (the arms were right on the skirts! :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Over the weekend the purchase on my first house went through. Im not moving in yet as it needs gutting but the garage is fine so i decided to put the GTA in it. my dad now uses my space on the drive to park his CLK.

Last night it was a bit windy as you probably noticed! About 11pm there was a big smash so we went out and a ridge tile had landed on the CLK. they had smashed rear screen and caused some light body damage. It was lucky I had the garage really as at least we could put it in the dry (although now the GTA is out in the rain)

I'm glad the GTA is safe though. That is my second lucky escape with roof tiles. A few years back I came out in the morning to find a pile of tiles by the bumper (photo below).

Anyone not been as lucky?
Wow....that was a very near miss:eek:

Glad to hear that your car is ok, but a shame about the damage to your Father's car:(

I had a near miss this morning when a numpty mechanic at the tyre shop was about to lift the 147 GTA on a scissor lift (the arms were right on the skirts! :eek:
When will they learn....:tut:
I'm terrible when my car goes anywhere near a garage/tyre fitter....I hang around like a bad smell, making it very obvious that I'm watching what they are doing :eek::lol:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
When will they learn....:tut:
I'm terrible when my car goes anywhere near a garage/tyre fitter....I hang around like a bad smell, making it very obvious that I'm watching what they are doing :eek::lol:
I do apart form when it's at Mclennans or somewhere else I trust.

This place this morning was reversing someones car out of a very tight workshop and just pushed it past the tyre balancing machine...

I was going to go for a short walk but then they put the car on the scissor lift and just before he lifted it I said, that will crack the skirts, he then put his hand under and went, but they are solid? I said please just use a different ramp....

Needless to say I won't be going back there.

M

·
0 Posts
I do apart form when it's at Mclennans or somewhere else I trust.

This place this morning was reversing someones car out of a very tight workshop and just pushed it past the tyre balancing machine...

I was going to go for a short walk but then they put the car on the scissor lift and just before he lifted it I said, that will crack the skirts, he then put his hand under and went, but they are solid? I said please just use a different ramp....

Needless to say I won't be going back there.
Lucky that you caught them before any damage was done:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts