Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order for my new Mito at the end of December and the salesman was really eager to get my deposit and to get the order for my new car placed. (end of month targets no doubt).

Anyways, they told me when I placed the order that the car and spec I wanted was already built so I should have the car in a few weeks. I sold my own car recently as part payment towards my new one as last week I was told I would most likely have the new car this week.

The salesman has kept on saying to me each time I phone to get an up-date on deliver, "i'll call you back, your car is being prepped and should be ready very soon" yet he has never ever called me back and I have never been given an idea of where the car is and when im going to get it.

I use my car quite a bit to travel with work and am really frustrated that they cannot tell me the simple answer of where my car is and when its going to be delivered, their communication with me has been non-existent since I paid my deposit at the end of December and to be honest I am getting sick of the crap service I have received when I am forking out 13,000 on a new car.

Anyone know if there is anything I can do or if there is anyone in Alfa iteself I can contact to try and get an answer on my car? This dealership has been useless so far and at the moment I feel like saying stick your order and i'll go to another Alfa Dealer.

Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Managed to speak with a manager at the dealership and he is going to find out for me the status on my car. Result I hope, but still no excuse for the poor communication.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Wish I could help but as I've never bought a new car I'd be stumped. You could always go to either of the TV programs Watchdog or X-Ray (I think the ITV Wales one is called X-Ray) other than that I have no idea...sorry

R

·
0 Posts
You ordered at the end of December ? that would seem odd that they could have a new car delivered to you in such a short period of time anyway, are you sure they said January and not March ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I said I wanted to buy the Mito at the dealership they initially said March, but the next day they phoned me to say that the car in the spec i wanted was already factory built so I could expect it by end of January.

I have been told today that the car is undergoing a valet and needs quality approval and then it will be transported to the dealer, so they said it will be any day now, but still no definitive date, but a lot more positive thank god.

R

·
0 Posts
When I said I wanted to buy the Mito at the dealership they initially said March, but the next day they phoned me to say that the car in the spec i wanted was already factory built so I could expect it by end of January.

I have been told today that the car is undergoing a valet and needs quality approval and then it will be transported to the dealer, so they said it will be any day now, but still no definitive date, but a lot more positive thank god.
It is possible that it has been delayed at Bristol, and the dealer maybe has not been able to get a fixed date from them when it will be released, not excusing them though, they should not make promises that they cant keep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts