Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been on a 180 mile round trip (rare for me these days) today to Derby & I have not seen so much bad driving (mostly German marques :rolleyes: ) in a long time - some folk are not worthy :mad: :rant: :mad:

That is all....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cheese consumption affects other folks driving? - bloody hell it must be strong! :cheese:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,360 Posts
i hear ya mate, good rantage

i drive 110 miles every day for work and some peoples driving standards are **** poor at best

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of it is the 'basics' :rolleyes:

M S M - not move, half heartedly blink the indicator once half way into next lane, THEN check mirror :mad:

License NOW - yer banned for life numpty! :rant:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^don't get me started on that :mad:

No really, don't! :lol:

Half a dozen 'forgot' how a sliproad works :rant:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Oh dear, please don't get me started....

Short list (last time i did one of these rants on my bike forum, it was 20 minutes worth of typing...)

-People who use only sidelights / sidelights with fogs / or even use fogs when not foggy
-People who have 1 or more bulbs out on their car (refuse to believe that the sheer volume of people have only just had the broken bulbs, and haven't had reasonable oppurtunity to repair)
-People who drive at 45 through 30mph towns and villages, then sit at 45 through the national speed limit areas....
-People who don't understand the principle / tequniques behind overtakes. I have done some text book, exemplary overtakes, in safe areas, within the speed limit, when i have had a genuine need to, and get back in lane to find the car tailgating / flashing lights / blaring horns
-People who have wing mirrors missing / broken / tucked in. Particularly sore point as I am also a motorcyclist and sometimes a cyclist who commutes 20 miles a day through south london.

and probably most of all:

-People who don't know how to use a motorway. Left hand lane is the driving lane, middle and outside lanes are overtaking lanes....treat as such...and even if you insist on sitting in the middle / outside lane, do pull over when someone who intends to drive faster needs to get past. When I am on the bike, it will take me about 3 seconds to pass.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The same numpty as I got stuck behind today doing 30 on a 60 mph limit road :mad::rant:
This is the only instance I tailgate someone. It was infuriating. They were driving at 25 in some BMW (typical, all the tw*ts are in Bimmers) down a clear, dry country lane with excellent visibility, and for 5 miles, they refused to move.
Oh my word I wanted to punch the person driving very, very hard in the babymaker.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Someone pulled out on me the other day, forcing me to brake quite hard (the ABS kicked in). As I nearly hit him I thought a short blast on my horn was appropriate (as he did not seem to know I was there). At which point he slammed on his brakes to give me a 'scare' and, presumably, punish me for daring to challenge his actions rather than say 'on you go mate, you were right, I should have stopped instantly and let you proceed on your way', after which he raced off at high speed.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I hate to stereotype this but i tend to find it works in this order with number 1 being the worst and most common.............

1. Audi drivers
2. New Bmw drivers (with or without bluetooth headset)
3. Older Bmw drivers

The above people tend to cut you up, forget they have indicators, not look in their mirrors and generaly think they own the road

4. Dihatsu drivers
5. Kia drivers
6. Prius drivers

The above people tend to drive everywhere at 20mph regardless of being on a motorway or dual carrigway

Then there is my favorite breed of people that drive at 40mph all day, if they are in a 60mph zone they will do 40, if they are in a 30 they will do 40.............these people are normally blind and being guided by the old lady in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Maybe I'm a sexist git - but I have to say the normal common denominator in the bad driving I see is not make of car, or age of driver, it is the sex of the driver.

Women are great at multi tasking, but driving is not an activity well suited to multi tasking as it effectively needs dedicated concentration in order to do it well.

The vast majority of poor driving I see is from women who are generally only partially aware of what is happening on the road around them as they are also juggling their thoughts between driving and "what to get for tea tonight", "why are their husbands/boyfriends so unthinking/uncaring", "did I leave the iron on when I left home", "will those curtains go with the sofa I just saw in that shop window", and "Whoooooa!!! why is that guy nehind flashing his lights at me when I'm doing fine in the middle lane of this empty motorway at 50mph".......

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When the bad driving in question is speeding related, the perpetrator tends to be a man. When it is underspeed, it is often female, or an older person (male or female)

Many women tend to leave half the width of the road between their car and any parked traffic that they're passing, for some reason, thusstopping traffic from coming toward them even on a really wide road.

Men tend to be the impatient tailgaters and headlight flashers, even when there's nothing wrong with the standard of driving that they're getting irate at.

The really stupid stuff (wrong way along the motorway, reversing into houses, accelerator instead of brake and dumping their car into a river etc) does tend to be the over 70's, with glasses like milk botttle bottoms, and hearing aids that had new batteries in 1979.

And they drive all sorts of cars. There do tend to be more beemers involved in such incidents, but then there are more 3 series bmw's sold than mondeos now, so that's not hugely surprising.

In short. There are some really shockingly bad drivers out there. Stay away from them!!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I hate to stereotype this but i tend to find it works in this order with number 1 being the worst and most common.............

1. Audi drivers
2. New Bmw drivers (with or without bluetooth headset)
3. Older Bmw drivers

The above people tend to cut you up, forget they have indicators, not look in their mirrors and generaly think they own the road

4. Dihatsu drivers
5. Kia drivers
6. Prius drivers

The above people tend to drive everywhere at 20mph regardless of being on a motorway or dual carrigway

Then there is my favorite breed of people that drive at 40mph all day, if they are in a 60mph zone they will do 40, if they are in a 30 they will do 40.............these people are normally blind and being guided by the old lady in the passenger seat.
BMW drivers are 100 times worse than any other driver on the road. Especially the 3series drivers. The take the f*cking biscuit.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Someone pulled out on me the other day, forcing me to brake quite hard (the ABS kicked in). As I nearly hit him I thought a short blast on my horn was appropriate (as he did not seem to know I was there). At which point he slammed on his brakes to give me a 'scare' and, presumably, punish me for daring to challenge his actions rather than say 'on you go mate, you were right, I should have stopped instantly and let you proceed on your way', after which he raced off at high speed.
Me and my brother were driving along in our Q7 car last week, on a dual carriageway, very, very slowly at the latest possible opportunity (there were traffic lights, which they could have waited to turn red, then pulled out safely) and nearly had a 2.5tonne jeep going 50-55mph into the back of an astra barely going 10mph. My brother had to slam on the brakes.
The worst thing is, the ********/b*tch had a kid in the back, along with two older passengers (and one more in the front, obviously). If he had reacted 0.5seconds slower, I dread to think of what might have been.

People with no lane discipline on roundabouts.........:mad:
And the people who, on a roundabout with 3 lanes going into it (e.g. Gallows Corner) stop at a stupid spot.
I had stopped at the white line, as you do, obviously, since they're there for that purpose alone, and some b*tch in a Range Rover came by 5 or 6 seconds later in the right lane, and I ended up staring at her back wheel as I was trying to look across the roundabout. It's the only time I've flipped someone the bird in my car, but it made me so angry, I couldn't help myself.
The driver in the right lane is also meant to filter in behind the one in the middle lane from this entrance to the roundabout (from Gidea Park) when they get on the roundabout, if the driver in the middle lane is going straight on, because of a lack of space - I had to do it 100 times on the way to school, etc. She tried to barge her way in, driving unsafely, then had the audacity to beep at me.

I'm no perfect driver, I don't even rate myself very highly. I have decent car-control and can read the road well enough. I'm not immune to mistakes and will generally admit to them, but this cow was clearly in the wrong, yet still tooted her horn - unbelievable...

That should've really gone in the rant room :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts