Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name change requests (nay, demands), threats to leave, whole threads dedicated to saying goodbye and then welcoming him back.

The last time I saw primadonna-led drama this stomach churning, I was watching the various acceptance speeches at the Oscars.

So, V6Jon, Jon-nom-nom, 0of0, or whatever you're calling yourself this week, just give it a rest.

A pedant I may be, but at least I was attempting to do something to raise the overall standard of the written word on AO (something that's pretty important within a predominantly text-based medium).

Can you say the same of your recent whining and moaning? Thought not.

·
0 Posts
Yeah yeah - been here five minutes (after lurking for a good while no doubt) & proceed to insult folk who make the odd typo, then expand on that by correcting grammatical errors :mad: :rant: :mad:
Go back to your dictionary / thesaurus forums :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
I just had a lovely little speech set out, with which I was going to close both of these threads.

Unfortunately I've just realised that I can't. :rolleyes:

So can you both just stop it instead?

·
Super Moderator
85,905 Posts
Name change requests (nay, demands), threats to leave, whole threads dedicated to saying goodbye and then welcoming him back.

FYI Name Change Requests were always an option available for all & until recently they were granted to all who requested them AFAIK.

If Jon chose to leave then that was his choice, it was also his choice to change his mind as others have also chose to do in the past.

I take it you are referring to my thread welcoming him back, what's the problem with that :confused: It' WOT after all :rolleyes: Choose to ignore it if you like :HEADBANG: or choose to add any user to your Ignore List they bother you that much.

Whatever happened to live & let live. You have the choice to read or post in whatever threads you like, free choice it's a ..... :EVIL:

A pedant I may be, but at least I was attempting to do something to raise the overall standard of the written word on AO (something that's pretty important within a predominantly text-based medium).

Can you say the same of your recent whining and moaning? Thought not.

Would you like an award :confused: As has been commented before by many on here there is nothing wrong with the odd spelling/grammar error being corrected by another when having a laugh etc. but it does get annoying when people are being corrected by others especially if that's all they've got to say in the thread :rolleyes:
Text spk on the other hand is another story.

PS Don't bother pointing out any mistakes in the above

EDIT : IBTL :EVIL:

K

·
0 Posts
To be read aloud in stern teacher/slightly cross Dad voice:

I don't care who started it but I'm finishing it. Just bloody behave yourselves. Can I not go out (metaphorically) for five minutes without you being at each other's throats. I've been at work all week and I come home to you two behaving like this. Well I'm not having it. Any more and you can both go to bed.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
To be read aloud in stern teacher/slightly cross Dad voice:

I don't care who started it but I'm finishing it. Just bloody behave yourselves. Can I not go out (metaphorically) for five minutes without you being at each other's throats. I've been at work all week and I come home to you two behaving like this. Well I'm not having it. Any more and you can both go to bed.

What we find to squabble about eh?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah yeah - been here five minutes (after lurking for a good while no doubt) & proceed to insult folk who make the odd typo, then expand on that by correcting grammatical errors :mad: :rant: :mad:
Go back to your dictionary / thesaurus forums :rolleyes:
Never a lurker. Frist time I'd EVER visited AO was August 2009.

And I'm not in the business of insulting people. But for you, I'll make an exception.

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
Right, I've been informed that this is just a joke between the two of you - but it's not fair to the rest of the members of the forum that they're unaware.
Either way, call an end to it now.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jon's had a go at me, so I've had a go at him. :D

What I feel it's only fair you should all know is that we've spoken privately, and have agreed that the policy of "an eye for an eye" is the best one in this situation. :cool:

In other words, whilst both gripes are legitimate, there is no malice in it, and Jon and I have not fallen out. ;)

·
0 Posts
This proves that differing outlooks can be handled in an adult way without any dummy spitting ;)

Well done us :thumbs: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
85,905 Posts
In other words, whilst both gripes are legitimate, there is no malice in it, and Jon and I have not fallen out. ;)

Yet, It's only a matter of time :EVIL:

And I still say my comments are valid :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Jon ... pass the pop corn you won't be needing it in the thread :lol:

chomp chomp chomp :p

·
0 Posts
Whilst Morgan & myself have no issues, I think everyone else in this thread is a Cossiebag :cheese:

:p

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.