Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on buying a Brera soon.

Options are: Buy a 2007, slightly used or maybe new from Germany next week (go there and get it). Or order a new one in Sweden (where I live) and wait 3 months to get it.

The swedish one will be the 2008 facelift, the german the "old" one. The swedish will cost round 370 k€, the german 290 k€.

Is the facelift worth it? I sat down in a 159 TI last week. On the description it sounds quite like the Brera facelift (and VERY black and nice).

Goin crazy...

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,585 Posts
what changes does the facelift comprise please?

g

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That´s what I wonder too! I think the seats are better, and the color seem to be more black. Hard to get any answers. Not even my dealer can tell. They saw it in Geneva, but can´t be more precise than above. There´s supposed to be 60 kg less weight too, which probably is good for that heavy car.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
The most noticeable difference is the seats and choice of interior colours. The "old" seats are very comfortable on long journeys but very unsupportive on twisty corners. They are my only real disappointment with the car. If I was buying now, I would want the new seats.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The new seats are awesome!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Yeah it's just the seats that are different - there is no difference to the exterior of the car, other than White is now available as an exterior colour.

So if you are bothered about lateral support in the seats, wait for the new one. Otherwise there's really no difference and the older models will do just fine. I find my '07 seats are fine - and I fed them with leather conditioner at the weekend :thumbs:

Apparently, if you have a large bottom, you actually need the older model because the new seats are too narrow!

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Yeah it's just the seats that are different - there is no difference to the exterior of the car, other than White is now available as an exterior colour.

So if you are bothered about lateral support in the seats, wait for the new one. Otherwise there's really no difference and the older models will do just fine. I find my '07 seats are fine - and I fed them with leather conditioner at the weekend :thumbs:

Apparently, if you have a large bottom, you actually need the older model because the new seats are too narrow!

I have to admit that I find the seats ok - no real issues with a lack of lateral support as I dont go screaming around corners.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But what about "darker shade of the aluminium" and more black color replacing the gray on the dashboard and seats? And the black cealing? And the 60 kilos?

As you understand, I haven´t seen it live, just on pics on the net. (And they always look fabulouououuss)

Stefan

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
But what about "darker shade of the aluminium" and more black color replacing the gray on the dashboard and seats? And the black cealing? And the 60 kilos?
I'm not really bothered about those bits. In fact I prefer the orginal "natural" aluminium finish on the dash. Losing 60kilos would be great, but I'm not sure if they've actually done that or not yet.

As mentioned above if you can make a big money saving getting a 2007 car, and get it straight away as opposed to 14 weeks, it looks very tempting to get the earlier model.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I thought the losing 60 kgs was waht's happening to the 159 after the refit - but am probably wrong! I think the new 2008 optional 18" alloys are lighter though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The most noticeable difference is the seats and choice of interior colours. The "old" seats are very comfortable on long journeys but very unsupportive on twisty corners. They are my only real disappointment with the car. If I was buying now, I would want the new seats.
What about opting for the 2007 model with the Frau Pieno Fiore seats option? In my opinion this is much more comfy than the standard leather (I have had both).

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
What about opting for the 2007 model with the Frau Pieno Fiore seats option? In my opinion this is much more comfy than the standard leather (I have had both).
I'm surprised to hear that. I thought they were the same seats, just with a different quality of leather. The ones I've seen have been the same shape so their lack of side support would be the same. I've no complaints comfort wise on the standard seats. Certainly on a long motorway journey they are excellent, it's just they are lacking in side support for twisty bits, especially with my slim frame and super pert bottom.
;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the new new ones feels like the GT or the 159 TI. But my concern is actually more the color and the general style... :cool:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm surprised to hear that. I thought they were the same seats, just with a different quality of leather. The ones I've seen have been the same shape so their lack of side support would be the same. I've no complaints comfort wise on the standard seats. Certainly on a long motorway journey they are excellent, it's just they are lacking in side support for twisty bits, especially with my slim frame and super pert bottom.
;)
They are essentially the same seats - but wwith different upholstery. The result is that they are much more "hugging" (for want of a better word). With the standard seats I always felt as if I were sitting "on top" of the seats, rather than "in" them. In fact, it was on the longer journeys I began to find the old seats uncomfortable and gave me an ache at the base of my spine.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone have pics? Preferably not "official" ones...

(It´s hard being Alfista and live in a country with too little people. There simply aren´t any 2,2 Breras to test drive, only 20 in total registrered in Sweden. My road to Brera is 1. Pics on the net 2. Loads of reviews 3. Test drive a 2,2 Spider 4. Test sit a 3,2 Brera. Going to Germany to test drive Brera 2,2 this weekend :))

Stefan

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,585 Posts
This is all good stuff. To be clear:

Will a Brera ordered now be a 2008 with the new seats?
Does a 2008 Brera have the 60kg weight loss?
About Rick's pert bo...no, it's ok, we can leave that :)

For me, it doesn't matter when I take delivery. I'm in no rush. The Brera will come eventually.

g

1 - 20 of 20 Posts