Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i thought i would add this as i could not see any other info on this problem. I got my new Giulietta in dec 11 and noticed within the first couple of days an intermittent tapping noise from the engine( tapping was most of the time with occasional lulls).Being an ex mechanic it sounded to me like a hydraulic follower not getting enough oil. I took it to a main dealer in Manchester whos Technician told me he didnt think it was excessive for that engine and that thet could flush it and change the oil at a cost to me ( the car had done 3000 miles at this point) i left feeling i had been fobbed off, Today i took the car to a main Dealer in Cheshire whos Technician within 30 seconds of hearing the engine told me that there had been a couple of cases of this, on one vehicle thay stripped the top end and replaced all the hydraulic tappets only to still have the same noise after rebuild. Alfa technical then came out stripped the engine right down and could not find anything, the engine was replaced. Alfa technical have now had a couple of cases and think it may be down to the small end on the piston!. My car goes in next Thursday ill keep those interested posted of the outcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts