Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Currently own a giulietta quad and frankly the factory sound sucks. Was thinking of the following.

Mosconi as 100.4
Audison Voce AV K6
Mmats P2.0 12

Let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Mosconi amps are supposed to be nice as are the Audison comps, but the Mmats is a streetbass type sub isn't it?

What SQ brands are available in SA? Assuming Sound Quality is what you are after???

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
As above, though I don't have any experience with MMats stuff.

I've been a fan of Audison amplifiers over the years (still run some older VRx amps), and their speakers have received many favourable reviews. This comparison was done for my local ICE forums: Mobile Electronics AU | Articles | 6.5” Two Way Components Review Under $600

Mosconi amps are great value IMO. I have an AS200.4 in its box ready for my Alfa 75 when I get to that stage, and will add an AS300.2. Audison LRx would be another excellent choice, but these are not the value-for-money of Mosconi.

Of the subs I'm more familiar with, you might like to check out the Morel Ultimo SC, Image Dynamics IDQv3, Focal, etc. Any restrictions you've imposed on the size of the subbox?

Any thoughts on adding a digital processor between the factory headunit and amp? Something like an Audison Bit Ten could suit you nicely.

:)

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the woofers are really really awesome. Mmats, Treo and DD are all of the same blood line. I heard a 10 yesterday that made me smile. I was thinking processor but at a later stage. I want to try and keep it simple as possible for now and hear the results. The std HU has a parametric in it and Alfa are not known for eliminating frequencies for protection like Mazda or BMW. If it works out then no need for processing, something very easy to add in later

P

·
0 Posts
Paul, firstly its Giulietta.. Well thats my thoughts :cheese:

I have the Bose in mine and I am happy with it. Cant comment on the standard sound....

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bose and the standard sound are not very different. IMO its crap. If you hear a stock bmw system in a 320, then you will understand what i mean. Coming from Qline signature series to factory sound, then you will understand

·
7,713 Posts
the woofers are really really awesome. Mmats, Treo and DD are all of the same blood line. I heard a 10 yesterday that made me smile.
Sounds good then. Of course, it'll boil down to subbox design to suit the sub for your needs (ie: music, as opposed to test tones!).

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well with the rest of the kit i think its obvious test tones are not my think.. lol

·
7,713 Posts
:lol: I thought so! :thumbs:

I look forward to seeing pics of the finished system.

PS: I just ordered a Mosconi AS300.2 for sub duties.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That 3002 is evil.. i see they just beat a WR with it.. not sure what class

·
7,713 Posts
Impressive. But like you, it will be used for 'SQ' purposes! :D

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love the fact that no turn on remote required. going to use a HLA 2 with it

·
7,713 Posts
Only so far as the HLA having auto sensing. It still requires a power connection, and provides the remote output to the amplifier. That's my understanding, and by no means makes it a bad product.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes but the Mosconi amps all use remote turn ons as optional. Senses switching from signal.

·
7,713 Posts
Ah, I see. I should read the manual properly! :thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts