Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't seen any new Giulietta's in the flesh until today, where I spotted a black one heading north bound on the M6, then a truck load of white ones about 30 min later heading in the same section.

Giulietta sales picking up?

Reactions: Gwyn

·
Registered
934 Posts
picking up? I think you mean starting :)
I think (and hope) so. We're already 3 ordering G's at work and the one who don't are yong lads that are still in love with the 1 series (3 door or noddy convertible version) :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
45,917 Posts
Saw a black one last night driving around Houghton Regis about midnight, being driven by a rather dodgy looking chap.. :p :lol:

W

·
0 Posts
I hadn't seen one out in the wild until 26th October (apart from a chap who comes along to the regional meet) after test driving some back in late July when they arrived in the UK.

Last week I saw a black one near where I live on consectutive days and a Magnesio Silver one travelling south on the M40 as well.

I see one everyday now when I step outside because mine was delivered 10days ago.

Really impressed with it and if folk had a more open mind and had a drive they would be smitten as well, it is a very impressive car and it has that all important characteristic, it feels alive and light on its "feet" so is a joy to drive :) :thumbs:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I saw a white one yesterday parked outside the Leopard Inn

Ah yes, there was also a red one too parked next to it ........ which was mine !:lol:

W

·
0 Posts
I saw a white one yesterday parked outside the Leopard Inn

Ah yes, there was also a red one too parked next to it ........ which was mine !:lol:
:lol::lol: Shame Matthew wasn't there as it would have been a white G sandwich, no sorry Panini :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was sandwiched in the middle lane on the M6 (J3-J2) this week in between a black Guilletta slowly cruising on the nearside lane and a white Guilletta who was absolutely tonking it on the outside lane. Must admit i was made to feel pretty envious even in my 159 which i believe is the best looking mainstream car on the road.

T

·
0 Posts
A Juliet on each side of you - heaven!

As Westyman put it - this car is "light on its feet" - what an excellent description. I always felt my last car 159SW (2.4 Qtronic) was a bit of a barge, yes it went well but you were aware of the mass when trying to drive in a spirited fashion. Not so the G - esp in D, I find myself zipping about town having a lot of fun.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I was sandwiched in the middle lane on the M6 (J3-J2) this week in between a black Guilletta slowly cruising on the nearside lane and a white Guilletta who was absolutely tonking it on the outside lane. Must admit i was made to feel pretty envious even in my 159 which i believe is the best looking mainstream car on the road.
I know what you mean. I've had a Cloverleaf on trial this week so my wife followed me home in the Ti. Every time I looked at it in the mirror I thought how good it still looks.

I drove the Giulietta up th eM6 on Tuesday but after my recent speeding ticket I was resolutely stuck at 73 on cruise control.

I did give it the beans once I left the M74 to go cross country though! ;):D:cool: (Posted up a short review.)

W

·
0 Posts
As Westyman put it - this car is "light on its feet" - what an excellent description.
I'll let you use the phrase again for a small Royalty payment :lol:

By the way Pete, you've written Antracite as your colour, must've missed that one in the the colour chart ;)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I'm slightly disappointed that no one on here has spotted me yet. I've been waving at Mitos, 159s, 156s, 147s, Breras, ... but not a response or a post.

·
Administrator
87,172 Posts

·
Administrator
87,172 Posts
Good skills :thumbs: as not everyone finds their way out of the Tech Lounges either :eek: :lol:

1 - 20 of 1341 Posts