Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a Mito 1.3 JTD and am fed up with the smokey cycles and have seen a 60 reg 26000 mile 1.4 Giulietta Veloce good condition(front wheels a bit scuffed) for £8k.Is this a good price and what should I look for? It has Alfa service history and two previous owners.
Thanks

·
Registered
36,767 Posts
A higher, average, mileage may have uncovered any teething problems and be fewer urban miles. Problems not too numerous. Non scuffed alloys may indicate greater care taken and look for shiny leather on steering wheel rim beyond its indicated miles etc. All the normal stuff really.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A higher, average, mileage may have uncovered any teething problems and be fewer urban miles. Problems not too numerous. Non scuffed alloys may indicate greater care taken and look for shiny leather on steering wheel rim beyond its indicated miles etc. All the normal stuff really.
Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I own a Mito 1.3 JTD and am fed up with the smokey cycles and have seen a 60 reg 26000 mile 1.4 Giulietta Veloce good condition(front wheels a bit scuffed) for £8k.Is this a good price and what should I look for? It has Alfa service history and two previous owners.
Thanks
Also how likely is the Multi Air engine failure to happen? It is one of the early ones so is it likely?

·
Registered
525 Posts
For multiair failure to be likely would imply that more than half of the early units failed, which isnt the case. Impossible to know a percentage but the majority haven't failed.

Went through the same dilemma before buying my 1.4 ma and its a weak point like all cars have but don't let it put you off. One thing that really puts the unit at risk is wrong oil and lack of servicing, service schedule is every 2 years or 18000 miles but look for one that has been serviced more regularly. Enquire how many services has the one your looking at had, and ring the alfa dealer which carried them out and ask which oil they used.

there are lots of threads around on the forum about what else to look out for but think the main ones are :

Make sure the gearbox moves through gears easily, its never the smoothest around but some early ones had an issue with syncros on 1 and 2nd.

Water around boot mechanism was apparently quite common, the details of it though.

Rattles from dash, had a couple on mine which was annoying but managed to sort them with a bit of investigation.

Also early ones should have had the cambelt replaced by now so just make sure it has.

Sent from my D5103 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts