Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.glad to have found an Alfa forum that's so informative.
Just recently purchased a 2013 Giulietta 1.4 T petrol.and loving it already.
New to the turbo cars my other alfas were all older n/a .
Issues:
1: after driving a bit hard I've noticed the water in the resovoir boils until cool.is this normal
2.also is oil leaks an issue on these models.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

· Registered
37 Posts
Definitely shouldn't boil, it should never get that hot and it should be pressurised which raises the boiling point. Although when I bought my QV I did notice that the cap never sealed properly as it never built any pressure, replaced the cap and hey presto it now builds some pressure.

I presume your coolant level is OK when cold ?

· Registered
37 Posts
Is your coolant gauge reading correctly ?
Do your coolant fans run when it's 'boiling' ?

Unfortunately one common answer for bubbling in the header tank may be head gasket failure if you rule out issues with the cooling system first. It's probably not boiling but air is entering the system somewhere, then it most likely is getting in from the head gasket.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The temp gauge seems to be working fine .it doesn't go past the half mark.
The fans are turning on.

I have booked it in for a cambelt service and. Inspection at dealership.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fans only run while engine iss running yes.
Definitely shouldn't boil, it should never get that hot and it should be pressurised which raises the boiling point. Although when I bought my QV I did notice that the cap never sealed properly as it never built any pressure, replaced the cap and hey presto it now builds some pressure.

I presume your coolant level is OK when cold ?
Coolant is full

· Registered
1,006 Posts
As suggestions above and these reservoirs can split or even burst. So any air leak via the cap or body would stop the system pressurizing properly and might explain the boiling.

2. oil leaks ? Give us clue why you're asking ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts