Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently parted with my Brera 'S' and gone back to a GTV 3.0 litre 2001 and loving every minute of it. However I do miss those amazing 19" alloys on the Brera...I do like the teledials but was thinking of upgrading to a set of GTA alloys but then came across these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GIULIETTA-18-ALLOY-WHEELS-50903124-/190488238340

I have spoken to veloces who didn't think they would fit but can anyone else confirm either way? Thanks.

·
Registered
30,085 Posts
Just ask them what the PCD of the Giulietta wheels is.
I'm sure it came up recently that they are 5x110 (ie the same as 159/Brera).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks will do, and if they are the same as the 159/Brera will they fit the GTV?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much appreciate it, GTA alloys it is then. Been looking at previous threads and I believe they will go straight on with 5 mm spacers making them as per teledial spec.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
they will go on without a spacer but the spacer is only required if you want it to be exactly the track that is for the 3.0 gtv........................... i never worried about the 5mm

i have the GTA wheels and they fit great although i did need shorter bolts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
they will go on without a spacer but the spacer is only required if you want it to be exactly the track that is for the 3.0 gtv........................... i never worried about the 5mm

i have the GTA wheels and they fit great although i did need shorter bolts

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did hear elsewhere the GTA wheels went straight on, did you notice any difference to handling at all? Also can I ask where you got the shorter bolts from? And lastly what tyres did you got for? I think I'll leave the Giulietta wheels sounds like too much of a stretch as Tony says!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i got the wheels and bolts from Auto lusso ( think they are 156 or 159 bolts) and the tyres i am using are pirrelli p6000 all round

handling is great really happy and impressed although as we all know there is huge diference in handling from 32psi to 38 psi so remember that one

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I personally wouldn't consider these wheels without spacers (sorry Brad!) at least not on the rears. One of the best views of the Gtv is the wide aggressive stance at the rear, I would hate to compromise this. Spacers are easy to fit and in the context of the wheels themselves, not expensive.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Mitch are we talking 5mm per side on the rear ????

if so as i thought it was and understood it to be i didnt believe the look or the handling would be noticable with such a minor tiny adjustment

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
The offset is 10mm not 5mm but you need at least 12mm to get a hubcentric spacer which really is a must so you are talking about 24mm overall with a hubcentric spacer.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i had been told it was 5mm per side for the rear 10 in total are you saying its 10mm per side ???

not spliting hairs here are we lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for this Mitch, but leaves me a bit confused! I want to get the same track having fitting the GTA alloys as a 3.0L GTV would have with standard 17" teledials, and I heard the spacers should be 5mm per side to achieve the 10mm offset total....is this not the case then are you saying 12mm per side? If the offset to 24mm overall does this affect handling in any way?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i am sure its 5mm per side to get the same track as if you were comparing or replacing the 17" teledial wheels

10mm total diference

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just spoken to Autolusso, very helpful people! They said that if I want the closest to the standard car that I should bolt the GTA wheels straight on as the offset is only 4.5 mm per side. He said that if I wanted to use a spacer then he would not recommend anything less than 12mm 15mm (as Mitch rightly said) as anything less and they have a tendancy to crack as they're so thin. I'm going to bolt the wheels straight on and see how I get on! Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I'm sure it's 10mm each side.

DavidC will be along soon to tell us :lol:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Actually, Alfa supply 4mm spacers just for this purpose ( fitting ET35 wheels to GTV/Spider ). They're about £15 per corner and they leave sufficient lip on the hub for the wheels to locate properly. The only time these won't do the job is if the wheel has a chamfer on the central hole.

Part number is 60579027 ( if they're still available that is ).

EDIT :

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COUNTRY=012&GRP_COD=331&SBMK=R&DRIVE=D&SGS_COD=0&MAKE=R&COMM_MODEL=GTV&CAT_COD=U8&MOD_COD=163&SGRP_COD=25&ALL_FIG=0&LANGUAGE=3&NEW_HTTP=TRUE&PREVIOUS_KEY=SUBGROUP&ALL_LIST_PART=0&SB_CODE=-1&KEY=PARTDRAWDATA&PRINT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&WINDOW_ID=1&GUI_LANG=3

They even do a longer threaded wheel locating spike to allow for the increse in thickness with the spacer. Part number 7737018.

·
Registered
30,085 Posts
I'm sure it's 10mm each side.

DavidC will be along soon to tell us :lol:
About 5mm difference between GTA/GT offset and GTV/Spider.

About 10mm difference between normal 156/147 offset and GTV/Spider (which is probably what you were thinking of as it comes up a lot!).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts