Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
:thumbs: I like Mr Natasha getting a telling off at 2:54 :cheese: And the Matt Munro towards the end is a nice touch :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I`m affraid i got many tellings off, i can only use the DNA dynamic mode on special occasions now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Those are epic roads (and epic drop-offs too :) ). The Giulietta looks even better on the road and there's nothing else out there that looks as good. Just wondering, what camera mount did you use for the in-car footage? They're pretty smooth.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice vid:) I can relate to the telling off:rolleyes:

OK, my question is.....What was the fuel consumption like? Was it a shocker as a lot of reports back so far aren't very convincing and nowhere near the 37mpg. BUT this maybe if you drive at pace alot. Is it reasonable in Normal Mode if you drive sensibly?

What was the total cost (£)for driving 1700 miles :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best we got over distance normal driving on motorway at normal speeds and in normal mode is 30 MPG.
Carnt remember total cost of fuel, the maths are 25mpg £1.15per gallon,1777 miles.
Probably best if you didnt tell me the cost. owch...

·
Registered
213 Posts
oh, we were fully loaded in the boot. At no point was it ever even close to 37MPG (on average)
Oh dear:rolleyes: Thanks. I'm just trying to justify the Cloverleaf purchase over the 1.4 MA...and at worst the 2.0 Jtdm.

Looks like I'll have to stop kidding myself :cry:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Oh dear:rolleyes: Thanks. I'm just trying to justify the Cloverleaf purchase over the 1.4 MA...and at worst the 2.0 Jtdm.

Looks like I'll have to stop kidding myself :cry:
Why????? A fully laden, brand new, 235 horsepower engine, driven enthusiastically over mountains = 25mpg. That's more than acceptable!

30mpg @ regular speeds on the mway with the same criteria as above is also fine. I'd expect that to get better with 10k under the wheels.

I used to dream about 30 mpg in my 135 Bhp 306!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why????? A fully laden, brand new, 235 horsepower engine, driven enthusiastically over mountains = 25mpg. That's more than acceptable!

30mpg @ regular speeds on the mway with the same criteria as above is also fine. I'd expect that to get better with 10k under the wheels.

I used to dream about 30 mpg in my 135 Bhp 306!
Well 25 seems 'very' low mpg to me. If I had that car I'd be at the pumps twice a week with 60 miles a day to cover. I'm guessing (at very best) the 1.4 MA would be about the same cost to run as a 1.9 Mjet 150. Or is that wishful thinking too!!?:lol:

Basically you'd be crazy to do 60 miles a day in a Cloverleaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or pretty well off to pay for all the fuel.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I hadn't realised your 60 mile commute involved driving enthusiastically over the Italian Alps with a car full :lol:

Seriously under those conditions 25 isn't at all bad. On a plain old UK motorway with a bit of A road thrown in you're going to get 30 when new and probably 33 easily after a few thousand miles.

I drove a 200 bhp, 30 mpg (and that was taking it easy) car 50 miles every day for 3 years. I'm by no means well off and while it wasn't cheap it's not as bad as you think (about £60 a week).

If you're looking for 40's+ buy a diesel, mid to high 30's the 1.4MA. Don't choose a Cloverleaf with economy as a priority.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
My 1.9jtdm averages 31-34mpg on my 3 mile x 2 commute each day. i get 42-46 on a long run.
I still want a cloverleaf though and all being well i will be ordering mine in the new year.

Nice video. Looks like a fantastic drive.
Maybe a good engine running in route. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, i have a feeling the "engine running in route" will happen again sometime.
If anyone is interested in runnung in their engine next year, we can all meet up at the Premier Inn at Dover.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Excellent vid, and quite creative in places :D

I really must hop onto a ship one day and get my QV over there...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I choose a Cloverleaf with economy as a priority, as compared to my 3.2GT at 22 mpg, on a clear run, it's got to be better !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts