Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Giulietta Uconnect upgrade 5 to 6.5 (q to those who've done it)

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  emozcan 
#1 ·
Looking to swap to the bigger 6.5, already got it, like the stock look, just want the bigger size and am basically looking for solid advice how to swap. Mainly the do's and don'ts. Physically it's pretty straight forward but then the steps aren't so clear.

I would need a GPS aerial right? Where should this be placed? So plug it in, and then proxy alignment is mandatory, right? It's basically the order of things so all is done correctly.
Any other tips are greatly appreciated! It's a G 2016 model.

#3 ·
Hi! Sorry about the late reply. Pretty easy as it turned out. You'll need a registered version of Multiecuscan and an ELM plus the yellow adapter.
A torx top glovebox under a rubber piece, upwardsThen pretty much just used slight pull and work with plastic trim removal tools for the dash cover. Four torx hold the unit. Switch all the plugs.
Run MES and check for fault codes and do te Proxi alignment. Worked out fine. I do have a clock that runs out of sync that wasnt before so need to check why, my guess I'm not the first one having this issue.

#5 ·
Hi! Sorry about the late reply. Pretty easy as it turned out. You'll need a registered version of Multiecuscan and an ELM plus the yellow adapter.
A torx top glovebox under a rubber piece, upwardsThen pretty much just used slight pull and work with plastic trim removal tools for the dash cover. Four torx hold the unit. Switch all the plugs.
Run MES and check for fault codes and do te Proxi alignment. Worked out fine. I do have a clock that runs out of sync that wasnt before so need to check why, my guess I'm not the first one having this issue.
Hi,

Have you find out why your clock is synced out? I am having same issue. What is version on your 6.5 device? (mine is v17.07.55 ) Is there an option for Sync time with GPS on clock settings? I have same scenario and do not have this option. I tried another 6.5 device with v13.40.1 on my car, it has "Sync time with GPS" option on it and there is no problem on clock no matter if it is sync'ed with GPS or not.

Thank you