Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Giulietta Trim levels

716 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  RyderGaming
Hi everyone!

After my GT burnt down on March 1st due to a bad sill repair, the missus finally gave the nod to get a new Alfa. We're looking at a TCT Giulietta, because we want to size down. Currently we're using a '14 Focus Estate, but it's actually a bit big for us, so that's why we're looking at the hatchback Giulietta. (A Giulia would basically be the same in size as our Focus, but it's over our budget)

What I'm interested in is what's the difference between the trim levels? We're dead set on a TCT transmission (Twin Clutch Transmission transmission :D) as the wifey would like to drive it as well, and she's very afraid about stalling a manual car.

Furthermore what I'd like in the car is to have steering wheel radio buttons and cruise control. It would be preferable to have parking sensors and/or camera and lumbar support as well. As we're looking for the latest facelift (2016 and up) I'm more curious about those trim levels, but as far as I know it's just a front facelift and the trims got renamed, (e.g. Progression = Super)

Thanks a lot,
Steve
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
43,426 Posts
In the 2014 facelift there was improved sound deadening mainly under the rear seat and rear wheelarches. The front seat cushion’s shape was improved for a better driving position. The Speciale was my favourite trim from the 2016-on facelift as it got a carbonfibre effect grain to the doortrim inserts and areas of the dash panel. It’s worth the extra over a Super. I think all trims got radio buttons on the steering wheel.

· Registered
2,261 Posts
No, CC is not standard on all cars but it's pretty easy to see if the stalk is there or not. Adjustable lumbar support was optional on every trim level. Maybe the recaros have it standard or more likely not at all. if the seats have lumbar adjustability there's an extra dial on the seat back, door side.

· Registered
8,923 Posts
Page 79 in the user manual under entry for cruise control:-

‘(for versions/markets, where provided)’.

So best check but I’ve not seen one where it wasn’t fitted.

· Registered
75 Posts
I owned a 2012 Giulietta 1.4 Multiair with TCT since new until I old it in 2019 (in Australia). Nice car and they still look smart some 10 years on but I hated the TCT. At the time of buying it, all the talk was of the fast slick shifts. Most of the time this was true but it always suffered from turbo lag and TCT gear confusion at low speeds (say going through a small roundabout). It was annoying and actually dangerous as, if you put your foot down, it would spend too long thinking about which gear to choose and what to do. For that reason I used to only drive it in manual mode - even in N. D was faster but more jerky. I've since moved on to a Giulia Veloce MY19 which has the standard 8 speed automatic and it has no problem being left in auto mode and chooses the correct gear immediately and the acceleration is smooth and linear. If I had my time again and was buying a Giulietta I would go for the manual

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone for the input. From looking at my local market it's pretty much all the same, Distinctive or Super trim levels. I want to go with a 2014 or newer model because of the facelifted interior. I'm assuming the 2016 facelift (or more specifically the front grill) is a direct replacement for the 2014 or older versions?

I really dig the 2016 style of Giuliettas, but I'm kinda worried about the only one sold at this pricepoint here in Hungary. It just feels shady.

@Pseudoguru I'm sad to hear this as I'm planning to buy a sorta high milage one (around 200k kms on the clock so that's around 140k miles) but there's not much alternative if I want my wife to drive as well, so I guess I have to save up for a transmission refurbishing and until then I have to use the manual mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts