Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm supposed to use Tutela Gearforce

Anyone know the weight of this as id like to pick some up and change my fluid today. And i can't be arsed to go to Alfa for it :)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I've just had mine replaced with Castrol Syntrans Multivehicle 75w-90 (you'll need two 1 litre bottles).

I thought it was going to be a waste of time but to my surprise my 1st gear synchro issues are quite a bit less evident and for that reason I'd definitely recommend.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
GL4 then...

we have the same oil at work, and theGL4 is good for shifting quality, but I have some doubts about it's longevity in vehicles under heavy use.

The GL4/5 variant is dreadful for shift quality. difference is in the cold viscosity, the gl4 is much thinner.

the tutela used in the giulietta is 75w according to the manual.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just had mine replaced with Castrol Syntrans Multivehicle 75w-90 (you'll need two 1 litre bottles).

I thought it was going to be a waste of time but to my surprise my 1st gear synchro issues are quite a bit less evident and for that reason I'd definitely recommend.
Argo,

Who ever recommended this gearbox oil is a genius as it's genuinely 90% better in the shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts